• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help No More Notification Vibrations

I've had this strange thing happen to me on with every new firmware and rom that I've installed. Notification vibrations for e-mail, etc., work for a little while, and then they just stop working. What's strange is that after I install a new firmware, vibrations work fine and just stop again.

HandcentSMS has a "test notifications" feature that I can use to confirm the vibrations. When vibrations are working, "test notification" vibrates the phone just like it should, and when the vibrations stop working, "test notifications" doesn't make the phone vibrate either... So.. there's consistency there, I guess....

Anyone else seen this? Anyone else seen this and have a fix?

I have a similar problem ever since the SW update before 2.1 (and after I installed 2.1 also). My vibrate will stop working for days, then work for about an hour with no issues, then stop working again. I'm pretty sure its hardware related since both a factory reset and upgrading to official 2.1 have done nothing to help the issue.

Upvote 0
That would be my diagnosis. I do alot of troubleshooting on computers at my job (acutally thats pretty much all i do ;)) and as a general rule of thumb if changing the software doesnt change the symptom is hardware related and vice versa. Not always the case but this isnt one of those special circumstances. If it doesnt work with a stock OS I would take it in for replacement. I would however flash the stock a couple times to rule out a bad flash.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones