1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

No more notifications from Facebook Messenger

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Android Question, Feb 9, 2014.

1. Android Question

None
    I have HTC Gratia. It is not rooted. Android version 2.2. So here is the whole story.
    I stopped receiving notifications from Facebook Messenger app when somebody messages me on Facebook. I used to have this problem before when the app updated to the new version. But when that happened I fixed it by Clearing the app data and logging in again. Since back than I had no problems with notifications and messages. For 1 week I noticed that I don't receive notifications again. I tried again to clear the data and logging in again, it did not work. I uninstalled the app and installed it again and I still don't get notifications. Now I have to open the app everytime in order to check if somebody has messaged me.

Advertisement

2. MLSS

MLSS Android Expert
    None

May 20, 2013
    Male
    Director of a non profit
    Nelsonville, Ohio
    This has nothing to do with your phone. This is a Fb issue and if you haven't already, you should report it to Fb through the app.
    Have you checked your notification settings within the app to make sure they didn't get turned off?
    Also if you have Facebook for Android installed on your phone you can try clearing the cache on that also.