• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help No more tether after update...

DQScott95

Feb 20, 2012
I updated to e last night a d ever since, have been unable to tether my phone to my WiiU. It connects to the phone but not the interment. This was the only thing keeping me sane since I don't even have internet, and now I'm extremely irritated... Any help would be appreciated.

Reactions: mai8ko
thanks for this info. does hotspot still work? I use hotspot for my Internet. I'm curious do yall use the browser ua switcher to connect to inet? if not, try that while tethering. It may help and if not try 3rd party applications like easytether for usb and Foxfi or barnacle for wireless. like I said I have been useing the built in hotspot with pc running firefox and the ua switcher addon with the safari string. It works great for me and I have a thread on here explaining how to do so and with the list of ua strings. good luck and hope all works out, I know what it's like to have to tether phone for home inet and how important it is to people that do so.

Upvote 0
So is this official or a case by case situation? If its officially part of the changes in upgrade E then I'll look into downgrading back to the D version. Also, I haven't noticed any significant improvement on battery life with the E firmware and I did notice that the Emergency Alert SMS app seems to be gone after updating as well.

Upvote 0
As long as I change the user agent in the browser on my laptop to an android user agent, I don't have any problems with USB tethering. Also, I use Open Garden to connect to my tablet. Since Open Garden uses bluetooth and I don't have bluetooth on my laptop and I don't have to change user agents on my tablet. One note, I did the full update using the LG Mobile Support Tool while connected to my laptop - not OTA or using the Unbricking method. I don't know if that had anything to do with it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones