• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root No more text messages coming in

D

Deleted User

I just notice this happening to me the past couple of days. I stopped receiving text messages for people but was still able to send them out. I'm still able to do anything else on my phone like emails, apps, phone calls, etc. Has anyone else been having this problem? I am rooted would that having anything to do with it? I did root a very long time ago so its odd this is happening now.

Quite often what fixes this is to try one of the following:

- Nandroid backup, then flash (or Nandroid Restore, if you have one) a close-to-stock ROM, like xtrSENSE, xtrROM, PlainJane, etc.

If you start receiving texts, it's very possible that you can then Nandroid Restore what you have now (is it Nonsensikal, as it says in your profile?) and see if you start receiving texts there.

If that still does not work, I'd do the same - install a close to stock ROM and verify that you are receiving texts - then use the app APN Backup & Restore to backup the APN settings on the close-to-stock ROM, Nandroid Restore Nonseniskal/whichever you are running, and then run APN Backup & Restore to restore the APN settings.

Upvote 0
i actually thought that no one liked me but i cant even get the text i send to myself to feel important. :(

I've pretty much deleted everything off my phone that i have ever downloaded. I think i'm just gonna have to unroot the phone.

No I don't think you have to unroot your phone.:eek: Maybe some of these tech guys will have some more suggestions. Have you tried different roms?:thinking: I've never had an issue with texts and I've flashed alot of rom's.:D

Upvote 0
Similar note - I can't download any pictures....texts come in fine, but it gives me a DL option on the pics and just times out....any thoughts?

Check to make sure you are using 3G, wifi is hit or miss when it comes to downloading pics in text messages. Another thing to keep in mind is that some roms don't play nice with other phones on other carriers.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones