1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support no need to power off?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by aprillh, May 16, 2010.

1. aprillh

aprillh Well-Known Member

May 2, 2010
    PA
    I'm a recent convert to Android from WinMo. With my old phone, it was recommended to turn the phone off several times a week when recharging. On the forums here though, I noticed that most people don't. Is it not necessary with this OS?

Advertisement

2. dylo22

dylo22 Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2010
    No, not necessary. I haven't, and it's been fine. However, some say you get better battery by turning it off after a full charger and charge it for an extra 20mins.

3. I haven't turned mines off since the last OTA and don't intend to turn it off until the next (unless, obviously, if I have no choice due to some unexpected circumstances)

4. Trooper

Trooper Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Yeah its really up to you. I always turn mine off at night to charge but that's just me.

5. sunthas

sunthas Well-Known Member

May 5, 2010
    with all the adding and removing apps, I've had to reboot a time or two to straighten things out.

I'm sure once I get the aps and settings stable where I want, the only reason I'd power off is to get the extra charge on the battery.

6. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2010
    atl ga usa
    Left mine on for a week once....doesn't seem to slow it down although reboots are recommended every so often.

7. waynester

waynester Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2008
    I too am coming from winmo, old habits and all.
    (Don't know if it really is needed on android/linux systems.)
    But I am trying out different apps , install/un-install so for now I power off @ once a week. hoping it helps to keep things tidy.

8. aprillh

aprillh Well-Known Member

May 2, 2010
    PA
    I noticed the couple of times I *didn't* turn it off and let it charge overnight the battery only got to 96%. Strange. Yet if I turn it off to charge, it is at a full 100% in the morning after I reboot.