• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

No Netflix For Iconia

coin

May 10, 2011
Well count me in for feeling left out. Seems that droid has many issues, most of which surround compatable devices and various software blends. I have run into a number of apps from the market that say device not compatable. Anyway now Netflix finally comes out and Iconia is left in the dust. Anyway I have Netflix on other devices so I guess no biggie. But I am starting to get a funny feeling that HC is going to be left behind for ice cream sandwich and us suckers who bought in late are going to be left behind. Just a feeling rather that any facts to back it up. I guess device compatability issues are getting me down, add to it being a noob to droid.

Qualcomm is making a push, but not sure if Nvidia is making any effort. I read that Qualcomm was trying to be exclusive to Netflix, but rooted devices with some other chipsets are able to work with hacks.

Nvidia seems to be off on a tangent and focusing too much on fragmenting the market with "Tegra 2" specific apps and not enough time AT ALL on media for video codec support or relationships for popular apps like Netflix.

I am beginning to get a bad vibe about Nvidia and have two Tegra 2 devices.

Upvote 0
Could be disinfo Rush. I see a lot of that going on in the tablet areas. I wonder how many are just companies using persona management to dis other products that they are competing with lol. I dont know though, I get a funny feeling that this is going to be a Moto first in line issue, even though that tablet is no better than Iconia, and in some cases its worse than an Iconia.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones