• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

TannyG

Lurker
May 4, 2011
I had my Skyrocket in my pants pocket, and it went through the washing machine. I'm happy to report my Skyrocket is squeaky clean, and ALMOST everything works. Except I have no network. It is as if the GSM Radio is shut off.. I get no error when the sim is removed, or not put in properly. The phone boots up, and there is no network right away... The phone acts as if it bypasses GSM altogether. . I put the phone in airplane mode, I can't get the phone back out of airplane mode unless its a reboot. I tried different sim cards, and a factory reset.. I can't seem to get a network. In order to fix this problem, would I likely need new motherboard? or is there a separate card for network?

Thanks...

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones