• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

no new every two. besy buy said no

My best buy definately said no. but kinda sounded like they didnt know what i was talking about...they just kept saying their prices were already discounted. I'm like, i realize that, but i want to also use the NE2 discount on top of that. They just repeat like a robot..."Our prices are already discounted." so i canceled my preorder and ordered online.

Upvote 0
My best buy definately said no. but kinda sounded like they didnt know what i was talking about...they just kept saying their prices were already discounted. I'm like, i realize that, but i want to also use the NE2 discount on top of that. They just repeat like a robot..."Our prices are already discounted." so i canceled my preorder and ordered online.

This is what happened to me also. The clerk kept saying all discounts are included. Then I asked him to talk to the manager, he told me he has been working there for 2 years and knows they dont do NE2. So I just asked him again to go talk to the manager and he does this time. He comes back and says they will price match my new every 2 price. So I got it for $149.99.

Upvote 0
New Every Two is strictly a Verizon program - it is not available in any retail store. I don't even think you can get it in a VZ store. To get the full discount available from Verizon you need to do it online at their website.

Right, but if you purchased your first phone at BB you can still use the NE2 online at Verizon when your time is up.

Upvote 0
NE2 is only available at Verizon stores (not even authorized retailers), but some places like BB will match the NE2 price.

Wrong, I own an Authorized Retailer store and we can do NE2.

New Every Two is strictly a Verizon program - it is not available in any retail store. I don't even think you can get it in a VZ store. To get the full discount available from Verizon you need to do it online at their website.

Wrong. NE2 is available through Verizon via Telesales, Online, or Stores. Authorized Retailers can also redeem NE2 if they choose to participate in the program. Not all do though, and we don't receive the full compensation back from Verizon for the discount we give the customer.

Best Buy nor Wal Mart can redeem NE2 due to not being a corporate Verizon store or a Premium Agent. Only Premium Agents and Corporate Verizon stores can do so. The Cellular Connection is a very large Premium Agent that can redeem NE2

Wrong again. Any Authorized Retailer an participate in NE2. I own an Authorized Retailer store and we aren't a premium retailer and we can offer the NE2 discount. I'm not sure about the National Retailers like Best Buy and Wal-Mart but I don't think they are allowed to participate at all.

Upvote 0
Right, but if you purchased your first phone at BB you can still use the NE2 online at Verizon when your time is up.

This is correct. You won't get your NE2 discount anywhere but a Verizon store (made this mistake on my last upgrade), but if you upgrade elsewhere and the following 20 months upgrade through Verizon, you still get the NE2 discount. This is precisely how my last 2 upgrades went.

Upvote 0
I just got done speaking with a rep from VZW online, and she said the NE2 discount DOES NOT spply to the incredible. Would not tell me why, and when I spoke with her about the policy online stating it could be applied to any phone or device, just not accessories, she ignored me and wished me happy trails to go to another carrier, told me thats just the way it is... So someone please tell me if I just got an idiot and should call back... I am sorely dissatisfied with Verizon at this point. No reason a phone should not be discounted to a customer wishing to renew a contract, because it is still too popular.

Upvote 0
I just got done speaking with a rep from VZW online, and she said the NE2 discount DOES NOT spply to the incredible. Would not tell me why, and when I spoke with her about the policy online stating it could be applied to any phone or device, just not accessories, she ignored me and wished me happy trails to go to another carrier, told me thats just the way it is... So someone please tell me if I just got an idiot and should call back... I am sorely dissatisfied with Verizon at this point. No reason a phone should not be discounted to a customer wishing to renew a contract, because it is still too popular.

Rep was definitely wrong. Myself, and many, many others, used NE2 discount on the Incredible. I even got an extra $30 off for some coupon code they were giving to new customers (which I was not).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones