• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help No new fixes since froyo released?

cartisdm

Android Enthusiast
Jul 11, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Don't get me wrong, I was on the train with everyone else constantly checking their phone to see when Froyo would be available. And once it hit I was happy with the improvements. But it seems to me that nothing has been done about the bugs. How is this possible? Why aren't there any fixes (or at least work arounds) for stuff like the 3G dropping and the location going all over the world whenever it wants to?

Are we not going to get a patch? Gingerbread will be months away I'm sure, right?

Don't get me wrong, I was on the train with everyone else constantly checking their phone to see when Froyo would be available. And once it hit I was happy with the improvements. But it seems to me that nothing has been done about the bugs. How is this possible? Why aren't there any fixes (or at least work arounds) for stuff like the 3G dropping and the location going all over the world whenever it wants to?

Are we not going to get a patch? Gingerbread will be months away I'm sure, right?

Maybe nothing CAN be done about those bugs. They either sound like network or hardware issues to me. (also, they I have never had either of those problems)

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
any update here?

I still haven't gotten Froyo (it actually stopped popping up on my phone for like 5 weeks) and a few days ago it started happening again and is getting annoying (ha). Figured maybe I'd want to update now if there have been fixes and if any of the previously reported problems have stopped? Haven't been around much lately and there's lots to back read :)

Thanks!

Upvote 0
Wow completely missed that. thanks!

Do you know if the update is coming bundled with the 2.2 itself? Since I still have 2.1, will I have to update to 2.2 and then wait for the new Nov. update or is packaged into one? It seems like there are still lots of bugs so I'm hesitant either way...

Upvote 0

Do you know if the update is coming bundled with the 2.2 itself? Since I still have 2.1, will I have to update to 2.2 and then wait for the new Nov. update or is packaged into one? It seems like there are still lots of bugs so I'm hesitant either way...

My guess is you would need to be on 2.2 in order to receive the OTA November update

Reactions: alison03
Upvote 0

That's a good question - I believe cartisdm is right, they're applied sequentially.

As far as the update bugs, I wouldn't worry too much, we have a very... vocal minority around here :). I'm not sure what the alternative is - just never update your phone I guess?

It seems to me that you may as well take the plunge and update now, if you wait a month, fiddle with your phone, get it set up just the way you want and then update you've lost a lot of time/effort/data if something does go wrong. I'm not sure what you gain by waiting. Especially if you end up exchanging your phone. But again, I think that's very unlikely.

-HD

Reactions: alison03
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones