1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

No New Nexus In Sight, Says Schmidt: Nexus One Did Its Job

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by phandroid, Jul 5, 2010.

1. phandroid

phandroid Admin News Bot

Apr 12, 2008
    Many people were confused with the Nexus One’s ultimate purpose. Google wasn’t trying to sell a bajillion million phones to be named the king of smartphone distribution. Instead, they were trying to set a bar that all manufacturers should aim to reach to provide their customers with a very pleasant Android experience.Up until the Nexus [...]

More...

Advertisement

2. ArrowSmith

ArrowSmith Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2010
    Sad, I really like the Nexus form factor and use of stock Android UI. I think not having such a device on the market leaves a real hole for people like me. I honestly do NOT want the EVO 4G, Incredible or X. Give me an updated Nexus 2 with a retina display and we're talkin'!

3. Brinkley1988

Brinkley1988 Well-Known Member

But I think HTC are much better than others, HTC almost doesn't modify any of the Android OS, and not allows you to flash the phones using any updates. Personally, I still like HTC, but I don't like sumsung's, Droid X, S&A's, they do too many modifications to the OS, and turned not "open" enough!

4. ArrowSmith

ArrowSmith Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2010
    But the Nexus is the only one which gets the latest updates as fast as Google sends them out. With the HTC/Moto ones it's up to the manufacturers.