• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

No Nexus One on Sprint...

WOW.. lol... I have the Samsung Moment and it can do just about anything I would want my smartphone to do... there are a few bugs.. but as someone said before.. 1st gen releases usually have bugs.. just part of getting a new product.. the cl14 patch fixed most problems and I expect the upgrade to android 2.1 will make the phone even better and make it one of the best phones out there. Sprint has the best prices for a great network.. fast speeds.. good coverage (and I can roam on anybody elses network for free anyway.. so what's the problem??) Sure.. a little faster processer, more memory would be better.. but dang.. it's a phone guys.. if you are all bent out of shape because your smartphone lags a little when you have a bunch of programs or whatever running... go buy a netbook for a couple hundred bucks and use it.

Upvote 0
the N1 is a GSM phone... since Sprint is CDMA that explains WHY they're not getting it yet.. VZW is supposed to be "upgrading" to GSM which explains why they have it listed for a future release with them..
Uh... wrong. I mean in an aspect you are right, like Verizon upgrading to LTE which is derived from GSM technology; but let's get this straight Verizon is still CDMA right now and the Nexus One that's being brought out to Verizon will be CDMA not GSM (although I wish it did both).

Upvote 0
My contract with T-Mo will expire early April. Customer Service told me that I can get the Nexus One as early as now. But when I checked the Nexus One with a 2 year contract, I said to myself that the Phone is not worth the plan it's sitting on. I'll be switching several weeks from now to Sprint. :)

Better price, better product and better coverage.

Upvote 0
"Kate" is a fake Customer Service Representative. She's a computer. Ask her if the Motorola Droid is coming to Sprint and she will say the same thing. The only thing she is programmed to reply negatively to is if the iPhone is coming to Sprint.

I'm a CSR for Sprint. And it's not like I have more insight for the release of phones then the internet. Honestly, it seems like the internet finds out before Sprint even tells us.

The point is, my opinion is that the Nexus One will not be coming to Sprint.

Sprint states that the will be unleashing there first 4G phone in Summer of 2010. So if you wanna get technical, I'm sure they will call that 1H2010. Which just so happens to be in the somewhat time frame of the CDMA version of the Nexus One to be released to Verizon Wireless.

So far, the only 4G phone to be uncovered, and leaked is the HTC Supersonic. A Nexus One on steroids to be blunt. With that being said, Sprint has surely contracted HTC for the Supersonic to battle the Nexus One.

Everyone knows that Sprint is very slow when it comes to combating other carriers when it comes to phones. Hell, our best phone forever was the Diamond, and Touch Pro. Mediocre at best.

With T-Mobile somehow getting these Google phones first, (The G1, and the Nexus One) they are keeping in the business. They have mediocre coverage, and slow data connections. Yet, as of right now because of phone sales they are considered to be one of the Top 3 Carriers.

Sprint realizes they are slowly slipping away, and they are hoping that with the HTC Supersonic (also with the HTC Hero, and Samsung Moment) they will get back into the game.

It seems like that coverage doesn't mean anything more. You could have the best coverage in the nation, but if you don't have the latest phones you aren't worth crap. And overall, (I don't care what you say) Sprint has had pretty good coverage wherever you've been, or are. But with horrible customer service, and "meh" phones they are slacking.

Really, that's all I have to say. Please don't take EVERYTHING I say for fact, as it's mostly opinion. Except for the Kate thing. She is a fake. I guarantee it.

And I hope my stay here is a good one! :)

Upvote 0
Sprint states that the will be unleashing there first 4G phone in Summer of 2010. So if you wanna get technical, I'm sure they will call that 1H2010. Which just so happens to be in the somewhat time frame of the CDMA version of the Nexus One to be released to Verizon Wireless.

So far, the only 4G phone to be uncovered, and leaked is the HTC Supersonic. A Nexus One on steroids to be blunt. With that being said, Sprint has surely contracted HTC for the Supersonic to battle the Nexus One.

Everyone knows that Sprint is very slow when it comes to combating other carriers when it comes to phones. Hell, our best phone forever was the Diamond, and Touch Pro. Mediocre at best.

With T-Mobile somehow getting these Google phones first, (The G1, and the Nexus One) they are keeping in the business. They have mediocre coverage, and slow data connections. Yet, as of right now because of phone sales they are considered to be one of the Top 3 Carriers.

Sprint realizes they are slowly slipping away, and they are hoping that with the HTC Supersonic (also with the HTC Hero, and Samsung Moment) they will get back into the game.

I must respectfully disagree. That would be the worst answer for not bringing out a phone. Since Sprint only has 4G coverage in limited areas, they would be shooting themselves in the foot to limit their "premier" phone to one where its biggest selling point isn't in any major population states except for Texas. There is no 4G coverage in California, New York, Florida, etc...

The SS is also a huge brick of a phone and not really appealing to anyone outside of the 4G. Yes, the inner specs are close to the N1 but, they are setup for the 4G (big size, 4G, etc.) and are not the "Nexus One on Steroids".

No, Sprint will not be using the SS as their phone to battle the Nexus One since making their "premier" phone a phone with features that can't be used outside of select areas and having nothing attractive to the other areas -- is well, telling about 40Mil of your customers to kiss-off.

Upvote 0
Well, the SS is reported to have a 3g radio as well so it's not limited to just 4G areas.

Correct. Having a 4G phone is making people pay for the feature. As well, it is a constant reminder that Sprint doesn't have a feature in your area that you cold be using if "Sprint cared about your area".

Really, it doesn't make good business sense to have the feature in the phone where the largest areas in the US (except for Texas) can't use it. It is Sprint saying "neener neener neener, you can't do this!" while attaching it to your hip or sticking this feature in your pocket. You do that to Verizon and AT&T, not to your own customers.

Good business sense is having phones for everyone and a "premier" phone that works for all situations. Get the Nexus One and sell the 4G SS in the areas that can use it!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones