1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support No notification of incoming text messages?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Boozeman, Jun 8, 2010.

1. Boozeman

Boozeman Active Member

May 14, 2010
    I've noticed today at work then with my phone on vibrate or with the sound off, I do not get any notification of incoming text messages. Same thing with incoming email on my gmail account.. I could have sworn that the phone would vibrate when I got a text the first couple of days I had it. But now I get no vibrating notification at all.

Advertisement

2. ScorpDX

ScorpDX Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2010
    I do some stuff and get paid for it...that's all t
    Dallas/Fort Worth
    Do you have the setting for the messaging app and the gmail app set to vibrate?

3. Boozeman

Boozeman Active Member

May 14, 2010
    How do I check that? I just have the entire phone on vibrate, but I've never gone in any changed any app settings, so I have them set however they come normally.

4. Boozeman

Boozeman Active Member

May 14, 2010
    okay, it wasn't on for gmail but it was for texting. So vibrate is now on for both and I still get no vibrating when I receive a text message or email. All I get is the green light at the top of the phone that blinks every few seconds.

I know for a fact that the vibrate was working my first couple of days with the phone, but it's not now - any ideas? I didn't make any changes to any of the phones sound settings, so I have no idea what could have caused this.

EDIT: And just to test, I just set it to vibrate when I send messages as well, and then I sent a text and it didn't vibrate at all.

5. ScorpDX

Feb 7, 2010
    Dallas/Fort Worth
    Turn on the vibrate when typing and see if that works. Maybe it's an internal issue with the phone.

6. Boozeman

Boozeman Active Member

May 14, 2010
    The vibrate while typing has been on since I got the phone and works fine right now. So its only when receiving or sending messages :mad:

7. ScorpDX

Feb 7, 2010
    Dallas/Fort Worth
    I'm out of ideas then. Sorry.

8. Boozeman

Boozeman Active Member

May 14, 2010
    So weird...it vibrates on an incoming call but not text. Do you think there is something the Sprint store could do about it?

9. odawg2104

odawg2104 Member

Jun 6, 2010
    had the same problem.. had to do a hard reset.. but the issue was fixed after that.. thinking some program i downloaded caused it.. Either it was the flashlight program or camera editing program.. didnt install them since last night and havent had a problem since..

10. Boozeman

Boozeman Active Member

May 14, 2010
    By hard reset what do you mean? Just holding down the power button and rebooting the phone?

11. odawg2104

odawg2104 Member

Jun 6, 2010
    How to hard reset the HTC EVO 4G - Know Your Cell

hope this works.. it willl wipe the phone, not the memory card tho.. and set everything back to default

Boozeman likes this.
  12. vblick

vblick Well-Known Member

May 18, 2010
    a lot of people are having this problem including myself. I you don't want to hard reset and lose all your stuff just download "sound manager" from the app store and turn on the vibrate feature. Works like a charm now.

Munnarg and Boozeman like this.
  13. Boozeman

Boozeman Active Member

May 14, 2010
    ahhhh there we go, that works! so weird, but thanks a lot. thanks also odawg.

14. dunersbsquad

dunersbsquad New Member

Jun 9, 2010
    Thanks for the info. The sound manager fixed my problem too. I think it was the light bulb app. It was really starting to piss me off.

THANKS!

15. issues_92

issues_92 New Member

Jun 9, 2010
    t only does it not vibrate but it also makes no sound when I receive a text. But it rings when I get a call? What should I do?

16. jhuff83

jhuff83 Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2010
    I don't want texts to vibrate with audio but if the phone is on vibrate I want the texts to vibrate. I think this is a flaw. Is there a fix for this without having to download 3rd party software?

17. Munnarg

Munnarg Well-Known Member

May 2, 2010
    Male
    Thank you so much for this...too bad I couldn't come on to see it earlier. I got to work and hour and a half late cause I was messing with this phone trying to figure out what the hell I did wrong lol. I'm gonna hard reset this weekend when I have time, but for now Sound Manager is doing the job. Do you know if things will go all crazy again if I delete it?

18. GodOfHell

GodOfHell New Member

Jun 8, 2010
    just reboot your phone ... i had the same problem

19. SteveSkal

SteveSkal New Member

Jun 14, 2010
    Denver, CO
    I have the same issue and don't really want to reboot my phone as lose all my contact info and everything, I spent hours entering it all in. Don't know about this Sound Manager app either?

Tags: