• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help No notification sound on my samsung galaxy s5 if the screen is locked.

Jrun

Lurker
Sep 23, 2014
I can't seem to get a notification sound on my phone if the screen is locked. For example... If I receive a text and the screen is locked then I can't get a notification sound but it does light up that I have a message. However, if I am in my phone texting and I receive another text then I can hear the notification sound. I have volume turned up and have reset the phone and it still won't work. Any idea what the problem might be?
Tia!

I can't seem to get a notification sound on my phone if the screen is locked. For example... If I receive a text and the screen is locked then I can't get a notification sound but it does light up that I have a message. However, if I am in my phone texting and I receive another text then I can hear the notification sound. I have volume turned up and have reset the phone and it still won't work. Any idea what the problem might be?
Tia!

sounds to me like the 4.4.4 upgrade blues.

Turn off notications, turn it back on.

Change the notification Sound to something else, and then put it back the way it was.

Restart the phone, it should work now.

This is just one of about a dozen problems I know of that happened during the 4.4.4 upgrade. None of them serious, but a PITA to make it work again.

Upvote 0
Strange, my notification sounds work with the screen locked. I think I was lucky as nothing changed on my phone after the update. Well there was one change in that the stock email app I had to click each email 5 times to get it open when I first got the phone but then after the update now I only have to click each email once and they open very fast so made that better for me. Mary

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones