1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support No notification sounds...except for one.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jbrodmann, Feb 25, 2011.

1. jbrodmann

jbrodmann Guest
    None
    I'm not receiving any notification sounds for a new email through gmail or gtalk either, except for one. I do get an audio notification when someone invites me to "talk" through gtalk. I've looked at volume settings, everything's unmuted, turned up and assigned a notification ringtone. However, I'm still having the issue with the screen on and off.

Advertisement

2. marctronixx

Oct 12, 2009
    34.0522° N, 118.2437° W
    do you mean you are hearing the same sound for each app? thats what happens on my end. gmail, exchange ( no one has buzzed me on gtalk) they all get the same tone...cant select multiple sounds for each app.

3. jbrodmann

jbrodmann Guest
    None
    No, I've selected a different sound for gmail and for gtalk for notification. However neither one makes a sound when a message comes in. The only notification sound i've gotten was when someone was ringing me in gtalk to "talk"

thanks.

4. jbrodmann

jbrodmann Guest
    None
    Well, to put everyone's mind at ease, after leaving the xoom on, since the first time i turned it on, till the battery died (1.5 days later), the notifications began ringing. I suppose it just needed a reboot. now go chug a pint and have a laugh with an IT at my expense.

marctronixx likes this.