• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help No notification sounds...except for one.

J

jbrodmann

I'm not receiving any notification sounds for a new email through gmail or gtalk either, except for one. I do get an audio notification when someone invites me to "talk" through gtalk. I've looked at volume settings, everything's unmuted, turned up and assigned a notification ringtone. However, I'm still having the issue with the screen on and off.

do you mean you are hearing the same sound for each app? thats what happens on my end. gmail, exchange ( no one has buzzed me on gtalk) they all get the same tone...cant select multiple sounds for each app.

No, I've selected a different sound for gmail and for gtalk for notification. However neither one makes a sound when a message comes in. The only notification sound i've gotten was when someone was ringing me in gtalk to "talk"

thanks.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones