• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help No notification sounds with new yahoo mail app

tjreishus

Android Enthusiast
Nov 8, 2009
Just set my wife up with the new yahoo mail app that came out last week. Very nice that it pushes now. I can't, however, get it to make any notification sounds. She has Zedge for downloading ringtones and notification sounds and her general notification sound is set as a sound from Zedge at this time. Will yahoo only use stock sounds so it doesn't play anything? I do have the box checked to use notification sounds and vibrate in the setting.

Hello, I had this same issue with the Yahoo Android App only vibrating (No Sounds) when a new email is received.
I have figured out that you need to sign into the Yahoo Messenger part of the app in order for the sound notifications to function correctly.
If you reboot the phone you always have to launch Yahoo Messenger & Yahoo Mail & make sure you are signed in for these two apps function correctly & receive the notification sounds in Yahoo Mail.
I hope this helps all who are experiencing this issue.

Using my Droid X!!

Reactions: IT-Ace
Upvote 0
@Justrightinc

Thanks, installing the Messenger App fixed it. I had the same issue when I switched from Incredible to Droid X. I didn't install Messenger b/c i didn't use it from the device and I was trying to avoid 'app bloat' this time.

I was getting no sound on notifications until I installed Messenger.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones