1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

No number notification next to email or SMS icons, have I broke my phone trying to root?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Becky_x, Nov 2, 2014.

1. Becky_x

Becky_x Member

I've recently reset my phone, my contract is running out soon and I figured I'd try and root my phone and get a sim contract instead of upgrading. Anyway I couldn't do it properly so when I reset it SuperSU was still on it, phone looked for an update it said my phone had been messed with so couldn't get one. I disabled SuperSU and the status of the phone is now 'official'

I'm setting everything back how I want it however the SMS and email icons don't have a number next to the icon. I've removed and added my email account many times but it's not working. The LED flashes and the notification bar gets the little icon but nothing appears next to the app icon themselves which is really annoying and I can't figure out why!

Samsung Galaxy S3 on T-Mobile/EE
    Android Version 4.3

Actually, as I've gone to get this info I've noticed my status now says 'custom' again, have I ballsed my phone up for good? :(

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews