1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support no one can hear me on calls that are NOT on speaker phone

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by itsjustmejanie, Jul 29, 2013.

1. itsjustmejanie

None

Jul 29, 2013
    Hello,

I am new to this forum but I am having a problem. I have a Verizon Wireless Droid Razr Maxx. I've had it for close to a year and a half. I am due a new phone in October but wasn't planning on doing that for a while because I am still grandfathered in with my unlimited data plan until I get a new phone.

In the last week I noticed that no one can hear me if I make or receive a phone call. If I put the phone on speaker they can hear me fine. I can hear them the same regardless of whether it is on speaker or not.

I tried doing the recovery reboot that clears the cache partition several times. Finally I decided to do a full system reboot. When it came back up, I called and left voicemail on home phone. I did it at first with no speaker phone on and then at the end with the speaker phone on. When I listened to the message, I could very very faintly hear myself talking but could not make out any words but then the part that was on the speaker phone came on loud and clear.

I have used my microphone in other ways. I have recorded video. I use the speak and text all the time. I have done the google voice search. All of those work.

Nothing has changed in the last week either. I got the Jellybean update a while ago and it worked since then. The phone was not dropped nor did it get wet. I do have insurance but I think you have to pay $100 to get the phone replaced.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Advertisement

2. DDG

DDG Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 28, 2009
    Insurance/Benefits
    So Cal
    I have the same problem, but not all the time. I thought it was poor reception. however, it sounds just like what you presented. Bluetooth and regular mic result in poor to no communication. Speaker phone is the only option.

Resets didn't help either.

This may be my last Motorola phone. It was replaced twice under warranty. Now this. I still have 6 months before renewal.