1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root No Operating System- Sd Card fix?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Spitshyne, Aug 6, 2013.

1. Spitshyne

Spitshyne Newbie
    None

Dec 2, 2012
    I made a mistake. I flashed this rom http://androidforums.com/esteem-all-things-root/530145-rom-number-two-2-v3-0-1-zve-116.html and I didnt like it because I wasnt able to download any of my aps. Before I flashed anything I backuped my phone to my sdcard which seems to be broken now. Earlier I deleted the rom using wipe system and my phone wont even turn on so I thought i could go and install it again but it seems Im screwed. I put earlier reboot system without Op system so it froze so i put phone back to recovery. Is there anyway I can have my phone back to normal or atleast flash the rom. Please help. Right now im on the Team Win Recovery Project and Idk what to do.

Advertisement

2. Spitshyne

Spitshyne Newbie
    None

Dec 2, 2012
    Ok I just clicked Mount Sd card then I flashed old Rom but is there anyway I can get back to my phone the version i backed up to the sd card before all of this?

3. Spitshyne

Spitshyne Newbie
    None

Dec 2, 2012
    Im figuring things out little by little. Right now I just need to find out how to use my Sdcard. I cant mount it through recovery and it has my phone backup and a bunch of apps and media I need to backup

4. V SuperUser V

V SuperUser V Android Expert
    None

Mar 29, 2012
    Can you connect your phone to a pc? If so, does the pc read the phone?

You don't have to mount your card in recovery, you just choose where to restore from (internal or external)

Spitshyne and BRAINZ2013 like this.
  5. BRAINZ2013

BRAINZ2013 Extreme Android User
    None

Feb 21, 2012
    Male
    MECHANIC OBDII. NOS. FUEL INJECTION. Saving a Life
    Park Ave., HELL
    Yes you can use super user idea but to make easy if u have the lg tool its a new update to it and it will put your device back to the normal way and u can just root again and flash what ever rom u want . Try it out if u are zve just goto the recovery upgrade and it will put the os back on the phone :eek::D

Spitshyne likes this.
  6. Spitshyne

Spitshyne Newbie
    None

Dec 2, 2012
    How do i do that. When my phone connects to my pc it shows the internal memory but not the sd card like it used to

7. Spitshyne

Spitshyne Newbie
    None

Dec 2, 2012
  8. BRAINZ2013

BRAINZ2013 Extreme Android User
    None

Feb 21, 2012
    Male
    MECHANIC OBDII. NOS. FUEL INJECTION. Saving a Life
    Park Ave., HELL
    You need to pull down the status bar and make sure you are usb debugged . Unplug and replug to usb may i ask which recovery u are using . And how much space u have on the sd card it might have to much stuff on it and crashed does it read sd card error

9. Spitshyne

Spitshyne Newbie
    None

Dec 2, 2012
    How do i check that it says damaged. I did recovery upgrade like you told me. Thanks man. but i just need to fix sd card now. worked perfect till i flashed rom.

10. Spitshyne

Spitshyne Newbie
    None

Dec 2, 2012
    Im using flying god recovery and Idk i know i have like 2mb on sd card i really filled it up with backing up phone but now that its damaged and when i plug phone into computer only internal shows and not external does that mean im screwed :(

11. V SuperUser V

None

Mar 29, 2012
    Brother, it means you should stop wondering if your card will me resurrected and start looking for another one so you can get your phone back in shape. I'm pretty sure you have other household items that use sd cards. And yes, as far as the contents of your sd card, they're gone, unless you inserted the sd card wrong in the phone. I don't mean to sound like a buttwhole, but you should've had your phone up and running by now.

12. Spitshyne

Spitshyne Newbie
    None

Dec 2, 2012
    My phone is working I just need to fix sd card now. Before I backed my phone using recover into sd card it was like 800mb into a sd card that could fit 875mb. After that I flashed rom and bam it says its damaged. I just need to find a way to get them back. Theres pictures that have very sentimental value in it ;'(

13. horsecharles

horsecharles Android Expert
    None

Dec 14, 2010
    NYC
    There're coupla other things u could try--although it sounds like card ist kaput, mein frienden.

1. Use LG Tool to update ALL drivers(includes opening each subfolder and installing MANUALLY all components, as many have been updated-- there are much newer versions than those posted in the various stickies here....

AND THEN REBOOT BOTH PHONE & COMP, CONNECT/SWITCH TO A DIFFERENT USB PORT.
    AND... toggle phone setting between Mass Storage & Internet Connection(ensure USB Debugging message pops up too).

2. Switch the card from phone to an SD Card Reader and plug that into computer(assuming your comp doesn't have a built in device)...maybe you can copy its contents to computer...then to a new card....needless to say, you'll need a much bigger card.
    My 16gb card needs periodic cleaning out.

Good luck....

Spitshyne likes this.
  14. V SuperUser V

None

Mar 29, 2012
    gotcha, unless you have a micro sd card adapter you can put your card into and plug it to the computer to see if you can access it that way, i dont see any other way. and if is corrupted and you CAN see it on the pc you most likely will need to format it, thus erasing everything inside it.

Tags: