• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help No option to list contacts by last name in settings

mattcshen

Lurker
Jan 1, 2013
Hi I just got my galaxy note 2 a few days ago. First time using android OS. I am trying to sort my contacts so they are ordered by last name. After going through the forum, I found that many people posted to go into settings in the contacts app. However when I open it, it does not have a list by option and I for the life of me can't figure out how to get it back. Can someone help me?

Heres what it looks like:

Screenshots_2013-01-01-19-51-16 (1).png

Even if the phone is unlocked, the carrier that it belonged to must have locked that feature out. Unlocking a phone only allows the ability to use the phone with other networks. It doesn't do anything to the original stock ROM that was already in place. So the carrier it originally belonged to already locked that feature out.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones