• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root No option to partition SD card

midge37

Jan 4, 2010
Bristol
Evening,

I rooted my Hero a couple of months back and have been playing around with various ROM's. Currently running the latest Sensehero and not going too bad. However, thinking of getting APPS2SD up and running and everywhere I look it says the first thing you need to do is partition the SD card from the recovery menu. Here lies the problem, I don't have this option, all I have is:

reboot system now
apply sdcard update.zip
apply any zip from sd
wipe data/factory reset
nandriod v2.2 backup
restore latest backup
repair ext filesystems

Build: CyanagenMod v1.4 + JF

Any ideas? have got recovery-RA-hero-v1.6.2 on my SD card.

Cheers

There's an app called Droid Explorer some people here have used (flashrec doesn't seem to play nice with a lot of custom ROMs).

EDIT: I just had a search and can't find the discussion about it. I'll find it later when I have the time, but I think it's pretty easy to use by the sound of it.

Ok, thanks. I may flash to another ROM (currently on SenseHero) and try Flash Rec from there to see what happens.

Upvote 0
HELP!!!

I've been trying to flash the RA-recovery-hero-v1.6.2 to replace the one currently showing. I've tried Flash Rec with no joy, and have now installed Driod Explorer and tried from here. Used the option to browse to the recovery image on the sd card, tells me it's flashed it, but when it opens in recovery mode it's still the original one...any ideas??

Thanks

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones