• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

No OTA for my Droid

Droid 1 Battery life with 2.2 OTA:
- Unpluged phone off charger 6:00 am
- Few widgets running: weather channel/Mobile Buzz/News/quote of day
- 2 phone calls (2 and 4 minutes)
- 4 text messages
- kill application throughout the day with TasKiller free
- some web surfing (probably less than an hour) with a couple of short flash videos (which is nice!!)
- Battery at 30% at 4:45 pm

I've never been impressed with battery life...is it better than 2.1? Not seeing it so far.

You decide...is this normal?

Upvote 0
Well i finally got the update yesterday but not without some issues. SPRecovery stopped it form installing the first time around so i had to flash it back to version 2.01 and then i got the 2.2 update after that.

I am not too happy with this update though. Running Build FRG01B

1. Battery life blows now. After 6 hours of a standby, it went from 100% to 40% charge.
  2. Switching between your home screens seems to be very buggy. It either won

Upvote 0
What's up everybody, I'm new to this forum and the whole technological get down. I don't want to presume if the apps are causing problems or Froyo, but I've manually downloaded Froyo from Tridents also. My Droid seem a bit slower, scrolling is slightly jerky, and certaind apps are not functioning like before. I regret doing it. That's just my opinion. If any any body has information or instructions on downgrading back to 2.1, please post it. Emailed Trident, but yet to receive a responce. Thank you kindly.
try unstalling apps and re install. get rid of task manager you don't need it anymore.i have tridents manual download on my droid and everything works great.Most of the problems people are having is related to the apps they have installed.they are supposed to release flash next week

Upvote 0
So...did everyone get their ota update? I'm still waiting :-( I hope I'm in the last wave of rollouts?

I was in the first wave to get 2.1 but I as well am still waiting on the 2.2 update. I am starting to think I might not get an OTA update at all, forcing me to manually update. VZW has 36 hours to get it to me or they won't meet the August 18th final roll out.

Upvote 0
I called VZW today and they told me that the 18th was a rumor. I was told that all droids would be upgraded by "this fall". The Rep said an upgrade went out to a small test group and there have been problems...so we have been let down yet again.

That is a bunch of crap. I need flash to work before my fantasy draft on the 25th. VZW has dropped the ball again. Is VZW trying to kill the android experience?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones