• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

No OTA in VA yet!

I get either endless "Checking for available...." or "Update check not available..." Tried power off and on, too. Any other idea??? Thanks.
Try this: http://androidforums.com/droid-x-su...889-droid-update-not-available-time-help.html

Try this:Open Settings... Data Manager... Data Delivery... Social Applications...Make sure that "Sync over Wifi only" is not checked.
I was having the same problem. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense, but it worked for me.

trey

Reactions: Rick2179 and mp33er
Upvote 0
when you say reboot, does that mean a system factory reboot, or turn off on ? after the battery pull via turning back on once the battery is put back in??

pull the battery. leave it out at least a good two minutes, then but the battery back in and turn the phone back on. this will clear out some memory and may remove whatever is blocking you from getting the update. of course, the obvious question would be this: is your DX activated on Verizon's network. if not, you may not get the update.

Upvote 0
pull the battery. leave it out at least a good two minutes, then but the battery back in and turn the phone back on. this will clear out some memory and may remove whatever is blocking you from getting the update. of course, the obvious question would be this: is your DX activated on Verizon's network. if not, you may not get the update.

I tried this and all other tricks. Perhaps taking it to verizon store might help.? Whatcha think?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones