• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

No pandora on straight talk?

Yes I realize that. That's why I said I must have missed that part. I figured, for some reason, something like that would be a topic that had been discussed here but I didn't see anything here last night. I did see some discussion about it at other forums. I'll stick with ST unless/until they close my account and then I'll go to AT&T. Not unlimited but it'll work for me. I just wondered if anyone else did stream music/videos at all and I saw on other forums that some do, but just not too much.

Upvote 0
Not everyone takes the time to read the long pages. It's something they should mention out of the box. They don't because then when they shut people off, they force the people to either move on or buy new service.

It's true that not everyone reads terms of services before agreeing to them, I believe the majority of people fall into this category. Deliberately being misleading or at all vague about the terms of service, only to cut people off for violating those terms, seems counter productive if they're looking to benefit from word of mouth. Wherever the terms of service are stated, if people are surprised by them after the fact, it results in unhappy customers and PR, and ultimately is not good for business.

Upvote 0
The terms and services also come with every SIM card.

You can stream Pandora, you tube etc if you primarily use WiFi to do so . Which most people would do anyways.

They just don't want a ton of data used in short periods of time.
I've heard a good general guideline is stick to 100mb or less a day and you'll have no issue.

Upvote 0
The terms and services also come with every SIM card.

You can stream Pandora, you tube etc if you primarily use WiFi to do so . Which most people would do anyways.

They just don't want a ton of data used in short periods of time.
I've heard a good general guideline is stick to 100mb or less a day and you'll have no issue.
That's how much I used last MONTH on VM. :p But I didn't do much streaming or watching because the connection keeps petering out on me.

Upvote 0
Eh, I realize it's against the TOS, but I stream a lot on my straight talk phone. And Pandora works just fine.

No one is questioning whether or not it works....and people are free to do as they please, but Straight Talk CAN and has bricked phones for TOS....excessive data use via streaming being the #1 reason cited. If that happens your phone becomes a paperweight as far as ST is concerned...so you'd be buying a new phone if you ever wanted ST again.

Upvote 0
No one is questioning whether or not it works....and people are free to do as they please, but Straight Talk CAN and has bricked phones for TOS....excessive data use via streaming being the #1 reason cited. If that happens your phone becomes a paperweight as far as ST is concerned...so you'd be buying a new phone if you ever wanted ST again.
Actually I was wondering, when I posted, if it worked. And bricked? Really?? Straight talk has the ability to long-distance brick my phone?

Upvote 0

A carrier can't remotely brick your phone. But if they terminate your service your SIM will be useless. Your phone will be fine.

Upvote 0
A carrier can't remotely brick your phone. But if they terminate your service your SIM will be useless. Your phone will be fine.

Unless it is cdma

They can blacklist it - preventing it from being activated again, at least on the same carrier. Bricking a phone, to me, is something that possibly happens during the rooting/flashing process, making it unbootable - something completely unrelated to phone service, or whether a carrier will/won't activate a phone. I've never heard the term used in the context of trying to activate a phone.

Upvote 0
They can blacklist it - preventing it from being activated again, at least on the same carrier. Bricking a phone, to me, is something that possibly happens during the rooting/flashing process, making it unbootable - something completely unrelated to phone service, or whether a carrier will/won't activate a phone. I've never heard the term used in the context of trying to activate a phone.

Well yea that's bricking but I'm talking about blacklisting I'm with you on the whole brick thing

Upvote 0
Actually it is not only your SIM it is your phone itself.
So in other words in order to use ST again after a TOS you would need to buy a new phone.
And yes bricking is generally a term having to do with messing up rooting rendering the phone a paperweight basically....which after a TOS a paperweight is basically all it would be to ST as it won't be activated again.

Upvote 0
Actually it is not only your SIM it is your phone itself.
So in other words in order to use ST again after a TOS you would need to buy a new phone.
And yes bricking is generally a term having to do with messing up rooting rendering the phone a paperweight basically....which after a TOS a paperweight is basically all it would be to ST as it won't be activated again.
But just because you can't use a phone with ST doesn't mean it's bricked. I'm not sure what "after a TOS" means but how can ST know you're using the same phone? I don't remember them asking for any information from my phone.

Upvote 0
But just because you can't use a phone with ST doesn't mean it's bricked. I'm not sure what "after a TOS" means but how can ST know you're using the same phone? I don't remember them asking for any information from my phone.

You seriously think ST doesn't have specific phone info for your phone?

And I clarified what I meant by brick in my previous post.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones