1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

General No Physical keyboard

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Whiteboyx69, May 1, 2010.

1. Whiteboyx69

Whiteboyx69 Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2010
    Fort Worth, TX
    So i was wondering with the incredible not having a physical keyboard how will games and apps that use it hold up? Like Snesoid or something along those lines.... I mean... how will games and apps that need key's hold up? only virtual? I'm pretty much set on the incredible other than this.

Advertisement

2. MrGoodCat

MrGoodCat Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2010
    mine came with a physical keyboard, you just have to slide the phone really hard

appleaj likes this.
  3. jpallen77

jpallen77 Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Fond du Lac, WI
    Mine too...its right underneath the refridgerator next to the flex capicitor:D

4. russell5

russell5 Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2009
    I would assume its virtual. Probally could use track pad for d pad.

You should get the phone and if the games dont work right email developer and they prob will update soon enough.

5. icedog

icedog Member

Apr 28, 2010
    Software Engineer
    Silicon Valley
    That's something the developers should have thought about when making their application. As an amateur developer, I've certainly made the choice to not use the keyboard for any reason.

6. QrafTee

QrafTee Well-Known Member

A lot of them (including SNESoid) includes virtual keys which aren't that bad.

7. jareth

jareth Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2010
    What SNESoid needs is multitouch support. It's virtually useless without it.

8. Zomb!e

Zomb!e Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2010
    It has multitouch support if you have Android 2.0 or higher and a phone capable of multi-touch.

Nice avatar by the way. :)

9. vaxick

vaxick Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2009

Still is awful playing with "touch" buttons. :p

Developers really have to keep the touchscreen in mine with developing games for touchscreen only devices. The problem is the game development community for Android isn't too large yet. There are some impressive games for the phone, but a lot of titles are still pretty basic. Things have been improving lately though as the Android market is really starting to grow.

Here's one sweet game btw for these phones.

ExZeus is very impressive for Android and has some of the best graphics yet for the platform.

YouTube - ExZeus arcade for Android

10. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA

Oct 24, 2009
    Real Estate Agent
    M A dub'l dolla sign
    Since the release of the Droid, Nexus One, X10, Desire, and now the Incredible I have noticed a lot of new high quality games. Asphalt is one of them. It plays great without a keyboard too. Emulators are a different story though, they require a certain amount of buttons and with a touch only phone those buttons must become virtual.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

11. fastharryDOTcom

fastharryDOTcom Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    semi retired....
    NJ, USA

well look who just caught on...

12. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2010
    Accountant and semi-pro poker player
    Upstate NY
    Just use a bluetooth controller. They're on eBay, $15-20 tops, fold up nicely and fit right in your pocket. I used one with my Omnia to play a PSx, SNES, and GBA emulator and they all worked great. I haven't tried it with the Incredible yet though, but it should work the same way.