1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support No Picture from Front Facing Camera

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by grossie, May 10, 2011.

1. grossie

grossie Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 20, 2010
    I've had my TB a few weeks now and I've never tried to use the ffc before. Tonight I tried to skype and couldn't get it to work. Funny, I thought. So then I try to use the camera app, I select the secondary camera and I get no picture at all, just a black screen. Anyone know if I'm doing something wrong, or do I have to go swap out the phone? I've tried clearing the data without success. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Advertisement

2. moondrius

moondrius Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 29, 2010
    Baltimore MD
    You probably have a dead front camera. I would see if you can get it swapped.

3. grossie

None

Sep 20, 2010
    Thanks moon, I'm afraid you may be right. Dammit, I'm rooted, which means I'm going to have to unroot, then go through the pain again.

Anybody else have any ideas?

4. moondrius

moondrius Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 29, 2010
    Baltimore MD
    You could try returning to stock and see if for some reason there is a problem with whatever rom you have installed. Probably not a bad idea since you will need to go back to stock to return it anyway.

5. grossie

None

Sep 20, 2010
    I'm on the stock rom, just have modified a few things (turning off bloatware etc...). I just got off the phone with level 2 support. She wants me to do a factory data reset, which will be very painful but I might have to do. I certainly will try that before doing the swap. At least the unroot is made easier by this. Now to figure out exactly how a recovery would work so I don't lose all my customization!

6. grossie

None

Sep 20, 2010
    Followup: I did the factory reset, no luck. I'm going to call shortly to get my replacement sent. Bummer. The good news of all this is that I learned the process for creating a nandroid and I successfully re-rooted and restored my nandroid after the factory reset. My phone is exactly the same now as when I started this process about 2 hours ago. Sadly that means the FFC still doesn't work. Grrrrrr....