• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

no picture while talking

Never crossed my mind to take a picture while talking on the phone.

Yep. I always have 2 phone on me anyway, so talking on the Cappy, I'd use the BBerry. Talking on the BBerry, I'd use the Cappy...

But yeah, I've never felt the need to take a pic while on a call.
Hard enough to concentrate on whatever sh!t the person on the other end of the call is talking, anyway!

T

Upvote 0
That makes it kinda hard to pull off a slick paparazzi photo on the d/l. You can always pretend you're talking...

exactly ;)I was talking to a buddy of mind and I started to laugh he said what's going on? I said hang on let me take a picture for you and this is how i found out... LOL

I tested this with another friend's android and it worked fine (HTC evo 4g). So its not an Android OS issue.

Upvote 0
It could be a power issue - the camera interface comes up, but the message clearly says it can't start the camera. Could be that there is not enough juice to drive the phone chip (possible other chips BT, WiFi, GPS) and run the Autofocus camera.

So the safest thing to do is not power on the camera chip. Based on battery life specs that call out how much battery time you get in camera mode (and it is less then watching video) - I would bet the camera sucks down some serious juice.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones