1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Apps No preview in Graphical Layout

Discussion in 'Android Development' started by thoshi11, Feb 28, 2011.

1. thoshi11

thoshi11 Lurker
    None

Feb 4, 2011
    Im building an app and the target is Google APIs, platform 2.3.1 and API level 9.
    When i finish creating a new Android Project this way, when i navigate to Graphical Layout in main.xml, I cant see the layout. I cant select the theme for the any skin either as it is grayed out. May i know how to solve this problem? I want to see the layout preview.

If the above description was too complicated, then go ahead and read this.

I start off with Eclipse. Create a new Android Project with build target GoogleAPIs (platform 2.3.1 & API level 9). I fill in the respective fields in the New Project form. Then when i navigate to main.xml and select the Graphical Layout tab, the preview of the Hello World string isn't shown. Nor can i see a black screen layout.

Any solutions to solve this problem? As im posting this, I'm downloading GoogleAPIs of API level 4 and revision 2 hoping that it would solve the problem.

I've uploaded a screenshot to make it easier to help me.

Attached Files:

Advertisement

2. pietjuhhh1990

pietjuhhh1990 Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 21, 2011
    App/web development
    Netherlands
    if there's no preview try and drag something like a framelayout into the screen (under the layout tab)

if this doesnt work try to clean your project (in the menubar__ Project->clean->Your project

3. retro8

retro8 Lurker
    None

Jun 28, 2010
    If you try dragging on something like normally. If the error shows as "missing theme" you need to select the android version your using. Should be one of those empty tabs up there.