1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

No Real ICS for us.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by GandalfTehGray, Feb 15, 2012.

1. ylexot

ylexot Android Expert

From the couple of screen shots I've seen of Blur on ICS, it seems to be very lightly tweaked.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Metfanant

Metfanant Android Expert

and tweaked in good ways...

have you seen the clock widget!? what!? lol...could be totally fake however lol

3. SOCOM-HERO

SOCOM-HERO Well-Known Member

A real shame, moto sucks. I will not be buying another one of their devices. Bootloader needs unlock, I hate the X now, I have tons of issues with it.

I was pretty mad when I wrote this...scratch that.

4. VoidedSaint

VoidedSaint Resident Ninja

can you please explain the issues you are having socom?

5. SOCOM-HERO

App crashes, slow load screens, some of my default settings have been changed w/o my actions due to the many app upgrades and permissions changes since my last flash (my fault, in a way). General lag and slow open times for some apps, but facebook is the worst (not the phone's fault, its the devs of that garbage website that everyone is obsessed with...lol)

Biggest issue is the amount of time it takes to connect to wifi and 3G. For some reason my phone cannot connect to my router at all times, causing both the phone to lose connectivity AND my router to reset constantly, meaning all my devices in the house go dead. Very very annoying and I have not had the issue with any other router or any other ROM. That is a real problem for me and I hope a new ROM will fix it.

6. VoidedSaint

which rom are you using that is causing these issues? cause this is quite possibly the first i have ever heard of this type of issue

these devices cannot reset your router, and kick all the other users off, that can happen by a faulty power supply within the router, or if you are renting the router, your cable/satellite provider is sending refresh signals to it (satellite is notorious for that)

and occasionally the signal the router sends out can be interrupted by lack of packets from the modem.

its possible your modem and/or router is going bad. Routers supposedly have a 1.5-2 year shelf life. Im not sure thats true, but its what i have heard from other sources in my community, but some can last 3-6 years

7. SOCOM-HERO

Its very strange indeed, I have used the phone at others homes and at on public/secured wifi and have had NO issues at all. It must be the router in my house that is faulty, but when i turn my phone's wifi off, everything works fine. Router is 6 months old and functions just fine, until my DX decides to kill it.

8. VoidedSaint

what rom are you running? you might have a malicious app that is attacking it or something.

the dx just doesnt do what your saying is happening, this is probably the best time to get a new rom on your phone, cause it shouldnt be happening

9. SOCOM-HERO

Yeah, I'm going to flash fresh and new to something later on today when I get to my desktop (has all the files and drivers I need) and then install.

10. VoidedSaint

let us know if you need help on anything

11. cougar214

cougar214 Android Expert

Post correction: It's the Milestone x2 that is in planning stages for ICS. My bad. Guess it's back to my original statement of going with the Doird X2 ah?.....lol.

12. VoidedSaint

yeah i was wondering where you saw that, but didnt have time to look over it again lol

13. ylexot

ylexot Android Expert

More connections on the router means that it is working harder...it could be overheating. Try shutting off something else and see if it still happens.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

14. SOCOM-HERO

Literally the phone and my laptop connected via wireless. Occasionally a PS3 hardwired at the same time. I think i'll know what the issue is if it persists after I flash a new rom.

15. cougar214

cougar214 Android Expert

You could just need to either restart your router or reset it to factory. That happens to me sometimes and that's how I fix the issue. Still don't know why it happens though. I just pull the plug for 30 seconds and plug her back in and im good.

16. quickaudi

quickaudi Android Expert

maybe no ICS, but it looks like Moto is releasing one more GB update...

17. VoidedSaint

yeah i saw, i wonder what its all about? to break some things?

maybe UNLOCK THE BOOTLOADER!!! lol

18. SOCOM-HERO

Link for proof?

19. cougar214

cougar214 Android Expert

Yeah, keep dreamin....lol...Moto is just waiting people out. You do know that right? People are notorious for complaining about something one day and forgetting about it the next.

And that's what Moto is doing. Just waiting for the "unlock the bootloader" cries to die down like they know they will. Cause people give up all the time and Moto knows it.

As for this update, I don't see anything good coming of it. There .605 was supposed to fix the keyboard lag but it never did. Keyboard is still kinda laggy.

20. SOCOM-HERO

QFT.

That's where my whole ordeal started today. I had really had enough of 2.3.602 and couldn't get to .605 due to my de-blurification that took me days to get exactly right. After about 3 months w/o tweaking, all the standard apps I used had so many permission changes and updates that the phone FC'd many of my most used apps and it just ran slow. Besides that, I too knew that .605 was a non-upgrade compared to .602....so I opted to come over here on the forums and beg for advice. Got my "fix" and am rockin Liberty.

Personally, I like Moto hardware, but the software is too much of a chore for me anymore, which is why I won't be running stock again. I doubt I'll get another Moto phone since the other manufacturers have made their designs in hardware and software more user and dev friendly. Long live tweaking is what I say. If I didn't want personalized fun with my phone I would have an iPhone. Moto seems to like moving to that business model. God knows why. I doubt my next phone is a Moto, but who knows.

/pseudo-rant

21. quickaudi

quickaudi Android Expert

Lol

22. PlayfulGod

PlayfulGod Extreme Android User

Without being able to compile a custom kernel, ICS will never run right on the DX. Just too much needs backported to make it all work right. Not saying some sort of hacked up work around wont eventually run on the DX, but nothing like it should be with support builtin to the kernel.

23. Unforgiven

Unforgiven ...eschew obfuscation...

This is why I said earlier in this thread that I feel for Motorola users:(

24. Metfanant

Metfanant Android Expert

its only moto users on older devices that are left out...the OGX is going on two years old now...its had a great run...most of the phones newer than the X will be getting their updates from Moto, and the newer kernels to go with it...

Motorola Droid X Forum

The Motorola Droid X release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, TI OMAP3630 processor, and 1540mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews