1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

No reboots since factory reset

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jmz768, May 16, 2011.

1. jmz768

jmz768 Android Enthusiast

Like most of you, I've been experiencing multiple reboots a day since the update the other day. Called Verizon tech support this morning and they said that a factory reset has been working for a lot of people.

I really didn't want to but decided to give it a try. Since this morning, I've had no reboots so I'm hoping this annoying issue is behind me now.

Having to set everything up again the way I like it was a pain but well worth it if it solves the problems. The one thing that annoys me most is that I've lost all my progress on Angry Birds....lol

They also said that if I experience any more problems with reboots to call them back and they would send me a replacement. Not sure what the point of that is if these problems are related to the update and another fix is in the works.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Dark Jedi

Dark Jedi Guest

IT took my phone almost 18 hrs before it rebooted on its own. I did the factory reset last night.

3. jmz768

So are you going to return it? I'm guessing that people who have received a new phone are getting one that doesn't have the update applied.

4. honda95freek

honda95freek Newbie

I did a factory data reset and it actually made it worse. I went to the Verizon store today and after I showed them how to do some of the programing "fixes" that they were trying to do, they said they would send me a new phone. My only hope is since some people aren't having issues since the update that I might get one that doesn't either. Btw, after the factory data reset, the update was already on the phone. there was no opportunity not to install it.

5. Dark Jedi

Dark Jedi Guest

No I am not returning it as it does it once or twice a day. Its software so they should be able to fix it. Plus this is my second phone from VZ. I can live with a reboot once in awhile. now my first one would reboot over and over and over. They didnt send me a new one. It was refurb bastards.

6. jmz768

To update, I still haven't had any reboots.

7. Sounds like a winner mate

8. jmz768

Well scratch that, I had a reboot about an hour ago.

:mad:

I just called Verizon and have a replacement on the way. I'm guessing that the only way the replacement is going to be any better is if the update hasn't been applied.

9. TheSultan

TheSultan Android Expert

I did the update, and read about the reboots and thought "wow! i got lucky! it's been 2 days and nothing--I must be in the clear!"

Then, it hit. Just cause it hasn't happened in a day doesn't mean it's fixed. After 3 or 4 days if you have no reboots, then I'll begin to believe.

10. aubie93

aubie93 Lurker

I thought the same thing "boy I got lucky!"

wrong. 3 or 4 reboots today after installing yesterday. i'm in the 14 day new purchase window so i guess i can get a new replacement that hopefully doesn't have the update.

11. Joewoowoo

Joewoowoo Android Enthusiast

I also did a factory reset with total success. I had random reboots and I was one of the few that had great battery life prior to the update and the update made my batteries last me about 3 1/2 hrs each. After the FR I have no more reboots and my battery life on a single charge tripled. :p:D:):cool:

12. Gravytrain

Gravytrain Android Enthusiast

To do a FR. All I do is go to menu>>settings>>SD&phone storage>>Factory data reset... Right?

13. jdk2

jdk2 Well-Known Member

Right :)

14. mklear

mklear Newbie

Did a Factory Reset this morning at 10am - not fun at all!

less than 12 hours later - two reboots back to back when using the facebook app. Might uninstall and see if that helps.

Pretty much out of luck so annoyed by this stupid blunderbolt

HTC Thunderbolt Forum

The HTC Thunderbolt release date was March 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1400mAh battery.

March 2011
Release Date
Reviews