• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

No Recovery, Fastboot won't work, & Bootloop

Bruh

Lurker
May 26, 2016
Phone: LG G2 (D801 - T-Mobile)
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Accidentally flashed non-working recovery img. Tried 1000s of xda pages to fix this. PLEASE help I DO NOT wanna have to factory reset.
[x] adb universal drivers installed
[x] sdk installed, google usb drivers installed
[x] computer recognized phone as adb
[x] sdk-tools folder in C: directory, ran command prompts from this folder (contains both fastboot.exe and adb.exe)
[x] phone is rooted
When I try to fastboot my recovery.img file it says the cursed ''waiting for device'
I am trying to recover TWRP back onto my device.

I've been working on this for 11+ hours now please help.

Last edited:
Fastboot doesn't work on this device since Lollipop. You'd have to use download mode instead (phone powered off, then press and hold volume up while at the same time plugging into usb). Then follow back to stock instructs and use a kitkat firmware:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2432476

Then you could get fastboot back. Or you could try updating to LP and then using Bender's LP Autorec.

Reactions: bcrichster
Upvote 0
My phone is in download mode man, the entire process revolves around it being in download mode lol.

Not sure if we are on the same page or not but if you are in download mode, then that's a good thing as you can follow the xda back to stock thread to fix your device.

The thread title says no recovery and bootloop so I'm not understanding what means you have to secure an adb connection which you stated was the case in the OP, could you expand on that? Because typically in that mode, your only option left is flashing a tot in download mode using the LG Flash Tool software to interface your device. Which would mean your hope of not losing your data is not possible as flashing the tot will result in exactly that, along with a clean install of a likely earlier Android version - I'm not sure what the most recent tot file is for the tmo. But it's better than being trapped forever in your current state.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones