1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root No ROM's?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by zhill29, Oct 20, 2011.

1. zhill29

zhill29 Well-Known Member
    None

May 3, 2010
    Ok, so this phone has been rooted for a while now and all I can find for ROMs are the Th3ory roms and that one debloated and deodexed rom. I realize its still a fairly new phone but we have been rooted for a while now. And by the time I got my Incredible rooted I had too many roms to choose from.

Don't mean to be super impatient but I want choices! I'm running Th3ory 1.7 and I'm getting a lot of random reboots.

Advertisement

2. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian

Oct 28, 2009
    Male
    Graduate Research Assitant | That part time IT guy
    3rd Rock
    The bootloader is also locked. Plus, the devs are waiting for ICS to drop on AOSP to make truly awesome ROMs

3. messenger13

messenger13 Android Expert
    None

Dec 8, 2009
    Director of IT
    Cleveland, OH
    1.8 is out ... Get flashing!!!

4. trophynuts

trophynuts Android Expert
    None

Jul 6, 2010
    I work in a Tech related field. Have been in a tec
    SouthEastern US
    not everyone has the know how to write RoMs....i've looked into it. I consider myself very tech savvy in ways i don't care to discuss on here and even i was intimidated at just trying to learn how to make themes much less RoMs

OP i know it sux but i wouldn't be in too big of a hurry. With the newer phones coming out the Bionic may not get much attention. Also this factors heavily on my next device i'm getting. I want to wait and see what kind of Dev support my next phone gets.

5. messenger13

messenger13 Android Expert
    None

Dec 8, 2009
    Director of IT
    Cleveland, OH
    With all due respect to you and the OP, I can't see passed the gimme gimme gimme attitude that I feel these threads convey.

I played with writing ROMs, and themes, and customizing apps quite awhile back. I soon found out what a thankless process it is that I gracefully removed myself from the public eye ASAP. The Android community has some great people ... but the majority is ... well ... umm ... err ... _____________________________<--(fill in the blank). I have donated to every ROM-writing dev that I know ... as well as several free app writers. Frankly, I don't know why they do what they do. But I am grateful, and will NEVER ask, "Hey! Where's all the new ROMs???". :(

Just my two cents.

tsargent347, johnlgalt, Thom and 4 others like this.
  6. zhill29

zhill29 Well-Known Member
    None

May 3, 2010

Thank you, I also consider myself fairly tech savvy however now that I'm no longer in high school and actually have a full time job and such, I don't have the time to tinker with this stuff as much as I'd like to. However I do try to give back as much as I can.

7. xmr405o

xmr405o Android Expert
    None

Dec 7, 2009
    I think once CM7 gets ported, ROMS/Ports will be abundant. Also, Theory and Liberty team have done the hard part by removing blur and trying to make it close to AOSP as possible. I'm not sure that other devs wanted to tackle that task which is probably why there hasn't been much activity.

I actually commend them for doing that.

8. Droid Commando

Droid Commando Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 17, 2010
    Liberty came out for the bionic today

zhill29 likes this.
  9. RDKamikaze

RDKamikaze Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 3, 2010
    Unknown
    Just another friendly reminder is that devs work for money too :) If there's a phone that has a lot of grateful donors and a bold community (testing-wise), then the devs will pursue.

I can't answer for all the devs as I stopped at the OG Droid (and mine was infinitely minute compared to even the most basic ROM dev) but I'm sure some devs are still enjoying working on other phones and ours is on their "to-do list." Essentially, be sure to donate to your devs :)