• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root No root for LG L70?

bart2201

Android Enthusiast
Dec 31, 2011
It looks to me like there will be no root for this phone. I don't see any of the interest that I've seen when the Admire and Motion came out. Is it because its just not worth the effort on the part of those who develop rooting for these phones?

If thats so I wish I would have known this before buying the phone, I wanted to be able to root and improve the overall phones usefullness, now it looks like I'm stuck until I can afford another better device.

According to the people at XD forums the metro version of the L70 cannot be rooted at this time. I even went to their site where they do the root for you over the internet and they said it cannot work for the Metro version.

So until someone finds a workaround I guess I'm stuck with piece of crap. If I had known this was the case I would have kept my rooted motion, at least it had lte support and was rooted and set up to my own specific likes.

Upvote 0
Would it be possible for a thread or site to be set up on the forums that warns users about which phones cannot be rooted or that are purposely restricted from obtaining rooting capabilities, it would have saved many of us the trouble of buying this LG L70 phone with all its restrictions imposed by the KitKat op system and inability to be rooted.

Upvote 0
Would it be possible for a thread or site to be set up on the forums that warns users about which phones cannot be rooted or that are purposely restricted from obtaining rooting capabilities, it would have saved many of us the trouble of buying this LG L70 phone with all its restrictions imposed by the KitKat op system and inability to be rooted.
I've heard they're working on rooting it over at XDA

Upvote 0
It sucks that Metro has done this on such a great phone. Really when your a prepaid carrier your phones should come unlocked or pre-rooted as the phone owners are paying for the phone up front, not over a payment plan.

I love everything about this phone, except for all the junk ware that comes on it, and of course having no way of getting rid of it.

Reactions: biggiephil
Upvote 0
Don't blame metro, teh day the s3/s4/s5 came out they had root. Other samsungs may have taken a bit longer but due to download mode and odin could be rooted just fine going forward with future versions easily. LG locks bootloaders and with the security on 4.4 it means exploits arent as available.

anyways, gutta talk to some people see if i cant get something working for yall. whats the cheapest way to get this phone without activating service?

Reactions: syacoff
Upvote 0
Don't blame metro, teh day the s3/s4/s5 came out they had root. Other samsungs may have taken a bit longer but due to download mode and odin could be rooted just fine going forward with future versions easily. LG locks bootloaders and with the security on 4.4 it means exploits arent as available.

anyways, gutta talk to some people see if i cant get something working for yall. whats the cheapest way to get this phone without activating service?

Order it online, it comes unactivated, it's $50 atm.

Upvote 0
Hey i got an LG L70 and would like to get this root on it but not to sure how sorry for the question that im sure everyone on here knows but me, I'm use to the root file being on the PC and hook the phone on it and click file to root i never throw an APK root on a phone

If you're using Firefox to download it. It won't work mine gave me codes on a webpage I used metroweb or chrome to download geohots towelroot :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones