• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root No Root Yet???

Guys,

I just moved two other root-related threads to the all-things-root sub-forum, but I think its wise that I don't move anymore until root is actually achieved for your phone (I don't want to dampem any efforts or enthusiasm for getting your phone rooted), but we don't want to go crazy with creating lots of different root threads that more properly belong in the all-things-root sub-forum.

Cheers and good luck!

Upvote 0
:D
I am currently working with StoneBoy Tony from XDA to root the phone. We are testing the Universal_GB_ROOT_V2 method. We r stock at recovery trying to apply the zip. It gives us a verification error.

Please be patient as we are working on this to get it to all the Admire users.

Wooohooo! That is Awesome. You just made alot of people very very happy;)

Edited to add: Don't want to get too excited yet - until official announcement that it can be rooted. Then we'll celebration again when a ROM is developed:D

Upvote 0
[Root] One Click Root for Samsung Admire (SCH-R720) :: Windows/Mac/Linux :: 9/12/2011 *

As new to android phone Admire, can someone explain WHY I would want to do this to the phone - root it - and what will NO LONGER operate on the phone? In other words, what do I give up for rooting? :thinking:

Then, once rooted, will some apps already on phone (that did not require a root) no longer work?

Dummy here, so please help.

*Will moderator let me post the link here -
http://androidforums.com/samsung-admire/409308-no-root-yet.html#post3205920

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones