1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

no sd card

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by back up, Jan 20, 2013.

1. back up

back up Lurker
    None

Jan 20, 2013
    Hi All

I have a ztpad andriod pad 12 inch, now i have paid to have apps added ( cracked ) now when using camera it was working ok but now says no sd card , the sd card is in pad , i have tried to remount the card but still nothing, even on xbmc navi-x has gone. anyone came across this please.

Advertisement

2. Hadron

Hadron  
    VIP Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Spacecorp Test Pilot
    Dimension Jumping
    Hi back up, and welcome to AF :)

I'm not clear about what has been done to your pad. Have you had the ROM (system software) modified, and if so in what way? When you say something was "cracked" do you mean that you have had the system modified to give you administrator access (which is called "rooting" for android)? Or do you mean that you have had cracked apps installed (where the word "cracked" would suggest piracy, discussion of which is forbidden by the forum rules)?

Most importantly, is it just the camera that cannot see the sd card, or any application? You say that navi-x has gone (which if I understand right is an XBMC add-on), but do you mean the app has gone or it also can't see the sd card. And if nothing can access the card, does the card work in another device (i.e. is the problem the pad or the card)?

Finally, did the problem start when you had whatever modification it was made, or some time later?

Sorry to have questions rather than answers, but a clear description of the problem will help with identifying the solution.

3. back up

back up Lurker
    None

Jan 20, 2013
    Hi Hadron

I have completed a factory reset and still the android says insert sd card, it does recognise it in setting , the card works in other devices? could this be a hardware issue?

4. Hadron

Hadron  
    VIP Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Spacecorp Test Pilot
    Dimension Jumping
    "It does recognise it in setting" is important: so the device can see the card? Can any apps see it (e.g. a file browser)? What does the device say about the card?

It could be hardware, but particularly if the device has been modified it could be software too. This is part of why I asked when it started.