1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

No sd-ext found.(solved)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by PRallday168, Aug 9, 2012.

1. PRallday168

PRallday168 Android Enthusiast

ok so i know that this probably doesnt seem important . but it bugs me to see this popup when im doin a nandroid backup. now i have tried booting to recovery and intalling a zip from ext-sd but it says it cant find ext-sd so id have to move it to internal. anyone know why this happens ? maybe a compatibility issue ?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Johnny Crapple

Johnny Crapple Android Expert

Sd-ext is a partition just install from SD that is the external

Sent from my typewriter.

3. djramod

djramod Well-Known Member

im having the same problem bro, sometimes min says " SDcard is broken" any idea?:(

4. Fuzzy13

Fuzzy13 Extreme Android User

I've never NOT seen it on 3 different phones. I just ignore it.

5. djramod

djramod Well-Known Member

a week ago the phone formated the internal SDcard and the EXsd lol i lost everything that day:mad:

6. sk8rgeek

sk8rgeek Well-Known Member

Thats no fun :p

7. ShinySide

ShinySide Extreme Android User

This phone will not read an ext on the sd card.

8. BRAINZ2013

BRAINZ2013 Extreme Android User

i had this problem its a zip file called ext 4 tune up . o she bad it did the dam thing .... its called ext 4 tuneup :smokingsomb:

9. BRAINZ2013

Hey i was told that, i have the zip file u can exam it and try it for yourself plus it worked havent had the pop up and it writes faster to the sd card since i had the zip

10. ShinySide

Wanna post it? :D

11. BRAINZ2013

flash this through your cwm no wipe just flash and reboot :D remember no wipe just flash and reboot and your a ext4 tuned up

Attached Files:

12. PRallday168

gunna try this now :)

13. PRallday168

so im doin a backup now. so far so good. one thing . not sure if ive seen it before.. "verifiying SD Card marker...SD Card marker not found...Checking Internal SD Card marker..."and then proceeds with backing up any idea ?
    EDIT: still i get the No sd-ext found .. skipping backup of sd-ext

14. BRAINZ2013

that maybe case you never set up sd ext. the partition system where you can pick 512 and etc

15. Johnny Crapple

Johnny Crapple Android Expert

Yes that's what I was trying to say if you don't make the partition then it will not backup sd-ext because there isn't one :thumbup:

Sent from my typewriter.

BRAINZ2013 likes this.
  16. BRAINZ2013

partition sd card enable installation of applications on your sd card so when you want to put apps on sd card from phone

17. ShinySide

Anyone know if cwr partitions the internal or external? I don't feel like being the one that finds out which ahaha

18. BRAINZ2013

i think that needs to be fixed i think it needs to be external instead of internal :D

19. ShinySide

So it does partition the internal? Guess I just won't be lazy and go use partition wizard. Ahaha

20. PRallday168

i believe i do have it partitioned . let me double check . i could have formated once before.
    EDIT: its not partitioned anymore lol . but to make it clearer to me. this pops up on behalf of the external only ??? or for both in internal and external ?

21. Self_Esteem

Self_Esteem Newbie

what should the partition seting be 240 512 or what?

LG Esteem Forum

The LG Esteem release date was October 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

October 2011
Release Date
Reviews