• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

No sd slot = bad business decision (IMO)

Dear Lordy, what are you people putting on your phones that you need more than 64G???? Hahahaha

As for the ballistic nylon, I personally find it rather a nice change. Clean, strong, stain resistant. (Just how I like my men..... ;)

I had to laugh at the "stain resistant" part of your liking of men. :D

I did like the ballistic nylon too. And since you have commented a lot as a new user, what are your .02 on the screen and battery life. Feel free to dump it in my thread (http://androidforums.com/motorola-droid-turbo/878642-played-mdt-1-2-hour-impressions-questions.html) if you don't want to hijack this thread.

Upvote 0
Dear Lordy, what are you people putting on your phones that you need more than 64G???? Hahahaha

As for the ballistic nylon, I personally find it rather a nice change. Clean, strong, stain resistant. (Just how I like my men..... ;)
SD is for convenience and safety. If the phone bricks or dies, or you upgrade or change devices all you do is swap the card to the new phone and it just works. To move stuff to a PC it's faster to just swap the SD to it instead of using a USB 2.0 connection through the phone's slower SD controller.

Matters more when you have tons of large videos on the phone. I don't want my phone uploading 500MB videos to the cloud automatically, Hahahaha.

Upvote 0
I'll be honest. For the first time, I'm ok with not having expandable memory. My S3 has been acting really wonky this year with regards to the SD card unmounting/mounting sporadically on any given day. It's quite annoying. Now it could be a myriad of reasons as to why this is happening(the SD card itself is corrupt, the S3 is on its period, etc). Anybody else have this annoying SD card has "unexpectedly unmounted" phenomenon on their other phones?

Upvote 0
This maybe a blessing. I had to get a Razr M replaced under warranty because it would loose connection to the SD card. The replacement phone had to be replaced, the earpiece output sounded like yuck and the 3rd phone eventually fried my 32GB Sandisk Ultra micro SD card. Luckily SanDisk is very good with warranty replacements during the 3-year warranty.

Also a SD slot and cover are another place for moisture and dirt to sneak into.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones