• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root no service after modding phone app

Hi there, I'm new to this site so if I'm doing anything wrong, just let me know thanks. I'm starting this post because I couldnt find anyone with a similar problem. I was modding the system phone app so I could get the whole ui to fit my needs. Well, i made a backup of the real phone app and then I replaced the system app with the modded app and restarted the phone. Well after I did that, I wasnt able to get any service like changing the phone app disabled the sattelite on the phone. There was no 3g icon and the bars werent even there like it wasnt even a phone in the first place. So I replaced the modded phone app with the real backup and restarted again. The problem was still there. Ive restarted so many times and nothings happening. The emergency call button on the lock screen makes the phone restart and the phone info makes the settings crash, the mobile networks makes it crash, and everything except the Update Kyocera software tab under system update opens another "app" but if i switch back to the settings and press recent apps, there is no other open apps. So basically, I have no 3g signal or regular signal. I can only use wifi, so please help me and thank you.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones