1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root no service after modding phone app

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Mexican Pygmy, Jan 1, 2014.

1. Mexican Pygmy

Mexican Pygmy Newbie
    None

Jan 1, 2014
    Male
    Uh, my place of course!
    Hi there, I'm new to this site so if I'm doing anything wrong, just let me know thanks. I'm starting this post because I couldnt find anyone with a similar problem. I was modding the system phone app so I could get the whole ui to fit my needs. Well, i made a backup of the real phone app and then I replaced the system app with the modded app and restarted the phone. Well after I did that, I wasnt able to get any service like changing the phone app disabled the sattelite on the phone. There was no 3g icon and the bars werent even there like it wasnt even a phone in the first place. So I replaced the modded phone app with the real backup and restarted again. The problem was still there. Ive restarted so many times and nothings happening. The emergency call button on the lock screen makes the phone restart and the phone info makes the settings crash, the mobile networks makes it crash, and everything except the Update Kyocera software tab under system update opens another "app" but if i switch back to the settings and press recent apps, there is no other open apps. So basically, I have no 3g signal or regular signal. I can only use wifi, so please help me and thank you.

Advertisement

2. db2

db2 Android Enthusiast
    None

Try again with your modded app, but this time clear your Dalvik cache before rebooting.

If you don't want to try again clear Dalvik anyway and reboot.

3. Mexican Pygmy

Mexican Pygmy Newbie
    None

Jan 1, 2014
    Male
    Uh, my place of course!
    Do you do that by entering the recovery menu? I also forgot to mention that somtimes like when the wifi is on, the signal bars do appear, but its all empty and the other symptoms on the phone are the same.

4. Lordvincent 90

Lordvincent 90 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    None

Oct 5, 2011
    Male
    entertainer
    grand rapids,mi
    Moved to all things root section. :)