• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

"No Service" (Calls and SMS) but Mobile Data works

tim124

Lurker
Dec 1, 2009
My Orange UK Hero is unable to make/send calls or send/receive sms. It displays "No Service" on the lock screen but mobile data seems to work perfectly.
If I go to...

Settings->Wireless Controls->Mobile Network Settings->Network Operators->Search Networks

then select Orange, it says "Your SIM card does not allow a connection to this network"

If mobile data wasnt working then I would guess that its a SIM issue but I'm clearly connected to the network as im using their internet!

Just swapped SIM with a friends phone.
My SIM works in his phone and his SIM has the same issues in my phone.

Booting up, it was connected to the network for enough time for it to get a voicemail notification but showed "No Service" straight away.

Any ideas?

Im guessing the best bet is to re-flash with the latest Hero Orange firmware. Any tips for backing up numbers/sms/cal etc?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones