• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help No Service/Signal/Data After EFS Lost

viciecal

Lurker
Oct 1, 2017
DEVICE INFO BELOW:

> PHONE MODEL: Moto E 2014 XT1021.
> ROOT STATUS: Rooted, bootloader unlocked.
> ROM: Stock 4.4.4 (with nano Gapps+SuperSU).

Hello all.

Little introduction: I downgraded from 5.1 to 4.4.4 with fastboot (with bootloader already unlocked since a long while ago).
In the proccess, I accidentally used the commands "fastboot erase all" and "fastboot -w". Repeteadly (yes, I am a dumbass).
After that, I successfully flashed Stock/SuperSU/Nano Gapps. I rebooted my phone...

Main problem: So everything is fine now, excepting that I'm missing any "phone" utility, as I can't send/receive SMS, nor calls, and I neither can use WhatsApp (as I can't register it), or even activate mobile data. In addition, I can't see the default "Carrier SIM" application that came with my phone originally (that tiny app that lets you enter into your SIM and view/acquire some basic, old SMS-based services).
Basically, my phone is good as an MP4 now.

With the little research I did all along the Internet, I understand I have deleted vital system files with those commands, especially the EFS folder, containing absolutely important system files and data. Still, I know that there SHALL be a way to recover my phone. So:

-How can I begin to troubleshoot this problem?
-What ideas can be applied for solving this problem?

Useful information:

-I have NO BACKUP of my EFS folder.
-I have my SIM number (It's on the back of the battery).
-I have my original product serial number.
-I can connect myself to the Internet using Wi-Fi networks.
-I'm absolutely sure the flashed ROM was the correct (It's a "STOCK" ROM).
-Useful screenshots:

6AA94322C.png

03941BA46.png

1598A00DE.png

IMPORTANT: I've already tried:

-Flashing modem files multiple times
-Re-inserting SIM Card
-Flashed some various ROMs (Carbon and Resurrection Remix).
-Basically, everything else found on the surface of the Internet.

Thanks in advance. Please request any additional information that may be useful for you guys.

Greetings, Viciecal

Last edited:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones