1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support No signal issue while connected to ethernet

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Josh m, Apr 9, 2016.

1. Josh m

Josh m Guest
    None
    Hello everyone. Someone please help me figure this out. I bought the t95 android box from someone,Brought it home. Hooked it up to my Samsung tv. Worked great for 2 days, then suddenly it kept going to a no signal screen. Started doing it every single time my box loads to main screen an sometimes right before I start streaming online. I thought it was an issue with the t95 so I took it to my brothers and it works fine at his place. So then I bought an Ethernet cable and plugged it in direct at my place and it still keeps saying no signal. At this point I figured maybe it's my router. So I go to Rogers and get the newest model router. I go home hook it up and it still does the same thing. I've tryed it on my Samsung And my Lg tv. So my brother brings over his android box witch is also a t95 same model and his also does the same thing at my place. He also has the same new router at his place. At this point in time I absolutely cannot figure out what's wrong. I called Rogers they did tests and said I had good connection and everything is good with my router. Someone please help. Thankyou

Advertisement

2. svim

svim Android Expert

Dec 19, 2013
    Illinois
    So this is puzzling, especially since you've already done a lot of 'process of elimination' tests. Do you have a desktop or laptop that you can plug that same Ethernet cable into just to confirm it's getting a valid IP address? If it is getting an IP address, can you log into your Rogers modem/router and access its settings page-menu? So odd things were working for a couple of days then it just stopped like that.

3. svim

svim Android Expert

Dec 19, 2013
    Illinois
    Forgot to add, and this is just a guess, but to get into your Rogers modem/router it might have its default login info on a label on one side of the device itself, or if you have a Linux computer use a terminal and the command route ; an OS X computer use Terminal and the command netstat -rn ; or a Windows computer use a Command Prompt and the command ipconfig and then whatever IP address that's shown with 'Gateway', enter that IP address into a browser.

4. Josh m

Josh m Lurker
    None

Apr 10, 2016
    Male
    I would try that but I only have an Ipad and cell phone. ?? Thanks for the help.

5. svim

svim Android Expert

Dec 19, 2013
    Illinois
    Is your phone an Android? Install this 'Netalyzer' app, available on Google Play. It will provide you a pretty thorough report on your home network's online connectivity.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=edu.berkeley.icsi.netalyzr.android&hl=en
    It really is puzzling why your T95 is acting up since you've done a lot of troubleshooting indicating it just shouldn't be but maybe something will get flagged in the Netalyzer scan. But even this might not be worth trying as a lot of the metrics it tests are fundamental networking changes that need to be done on your modem/router and I don't know how many configuration settings you can alter with your Rogers modem/router. (As opposed to if your had your own third-party modem and/or router.) But looking on their site at a couple of the modem/routers they provide, apparently you should be able to access a basic set up menu page by going to 192.168.0.1 This would work out better if you were able to use a computer with a wired connection but your iPad will suffice, if you are changing settings they'd be relative to things outgoing/incoming Internet connectivity, not necessarily local WiFi connectivity.
    http://www.rogers.com/web/support/internet/connection/273

The only other thing I can think of worth looking into is the power supply that came with your T95. Most wall adapters have just minimal filter/regulating made of average quality components so it's not uncommon for them to fail. When you were testing things by swapping them with and at your brother's, were you using his or your power adapter?