1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

No signal or sim fault?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Sumo, Feb 7, 2010.

1. Sumo

Sumo Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2009
    Every so often i get a picture of a sim card with a line through on the lock screen(quite large icon in the centre of the screen),it also says no service.

Does this mean no signal or sim card lose/faulty?

Here's the odd thing it only happens when im in a town where i know the signal is good?

I'm with T mobile in the UK if this helps.

Thanks in advance:)

Advertisement

2. Per1

Per1 Member

Feb 7, 2010
    I get that with Orange - sometimes at home, sometimes in London. Its variable to say the least, but I out that down to the provider - hopefully its not the phone??

Per

3. Sumo

Sumo Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2009
    It also asks me to reset my time zone after my signal goes back to normal,every time the signal goes this happens.

Anybody else get this?

4. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42

Dec 1, 2009
    UK
    I think I get that too, just when I have no signal.

As for the thing asking you to reset your time zone, I had to turn off the option that makes the phone get the time from your mobile network.

5. pokosik

pokosik Member

Dec 11, 2009
    same thing happening for me. When I am at home then everything is ok, but then I am going to my girlfriend then sometimes I get no service. I am from lithuania but phone is form uk orange unlocked.

6. cardiac cowboy

cardiac cowboy New Member

Feb 8, 2010
    I also experienced this about 3 times in the 3 months I've had the Hero. It's definitely not the telcom or SIM card. I removed and reinserted it numerous times. It could be an issue with the SIM password. Once I removed the password, I've had no more problems...

7. Sumo

Sumo Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2009
    How do I remove the password?

8. pokosik

pokosik Member

Dec 11, 2009
    what sim password? I don't have any passsword but I am getting no service message.

9. mmusaji

mmusaji Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2010
    I know this might sound silly but make sure the SIM hasn't come lose behind the battery. If the holding for the SIM is lose, fold a bit of paper and put it on top and put the battery back. It will stop it from coming lose.

Tags: