• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

'No Sim' and 'SD card removed' error. How to Backup on PC?

armughans

Lurker
Aug 2, 2011
Hi,
A few days back I fell down with my Desire in my pocket(little electrocution was involved o_O). I don't think there was direct impact on the phone and all the hardware seemed fine but I got an error that there was no Sim in phone and also 'Sd card removed, insert SD card'. I restarted the phone a few times and the sim started working again and after a few tries so did the SD card but the problem with SD card continued. It worked sometimes after a few restarts but mostly it was removed.

I checked the Sim and SD card in other phones and both work fine. Today I tried again to get the SD card working and restarted the phone but this time I got the 'No Sim' error again and it has not changed after many restarts and battery pulls. i tried other Sim and SD card in my phone but they also don't work. I think it is a software issue and i need to restore factory defaults on the phone but I want to backup my phone data. I have synced with Outlook but also want to save my sms messages and other data if possible.

Is there anything I can try to fix this or backup my phone data on PC other than Outlook?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones