1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!
  2. We apologize for the disruption in email services! They are sending out now, but there is a backlog, so it may take a little time to catch up.

'No Sim' and 'SD card removed' error. How to Backup on PC?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by armughans, Sep 20, 2011.

1. armughans

armughans Lurker
    None

Aug 2, 2011
    Hi,
    A few days back I fell down with my Desire in my pocket(little electrocution was involved o_O). I don't think there was direct impact on the phone and all the hardware seemed fine but I got an error that there was no Sim in phone and also 'Sd card removed, insert SD card'. I restarted the phone a few times and the sim started working again and after a few tries so did the SD card but the problem with SD card continued. It worked sometimes after a few restarts but mostly it was removed.

I checked the Sim and SD card in other phones and both work fine. Today I tried again to get the SD card working and restarted the phone but this time I got the 'No Sim' error again and it has not changed after many restarts and battery pulls. i tried other Sim and SD card in my phone but they also don't work. I think it is a software issue and i need to restore factory defaults on the phone but I want to backup my phone data. I have synced with Outlook but also want to save my sms messages and other data if possible.

Is there anything I can try to fix this or backup my phone data on PC other than Outlook?

Advertisement

2. armughans

armughans Lurker
    None

Aug 2, 2011
    I tried factory reset and still getting the same error.. guess have to give it in for repairs :mad:

Tags: