1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

No SIM Card--Emergency Calls Only--Please Help!!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rolltidedad, Sep 21, 2011.

1. rolltidedad

rolltidedad Well-Known Member

I flashed CM7 on my Thunderbolt (the HR2 radio version) a few months ago, and it worked perfectly for a while. A couple of weeks ago, I began getting the message that there wasn't a SIM card installed. I could easily fix the problem by either rebooting into recovery or pulling the battery and the SIM card and then rebooting.

This morning, the phone went into airplane mode and it will not recognize my SIM card even after both of the steps above.

PLEASE HELP!! I'm going out of town on Friday and need my phone to work.

Advertisement

2. teddyearp

teddyearp Android Expert

I've asked this thread moved to the proper place.

good luck

3. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra=

Done. Thanks for the heads up report, teddyearp.

4. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic

Sounds like the SIM card is shot, call VZW say the phone won't get out of airplane mode and explain you had to pull the SIM a few times before and they should send you a new one. I would leave out the rooting and rom part of the story ;)

5. WormDoes

WormDoes Android Expert

Or go into a local store and pick one up rather than wait for shipping since you can't currently use your phone

6. rolltidedad

rolltidedad Well-Known Member

I did a titanium backup, wiped data, cache, and dalvik cache...I then flashed my cm7 rom again and restored the backup...

Everything's working now, but I'll definitely call VZW if it acts-up again...

7. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic

Glad you got it working