• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

No SIM Card/Error

cozins17

Jul 9, 2011
Dorset, UK
Phone suddenly not registering sim card, has been working fine all day then I did backups and since get No SIM error on notification bar.

When I access Network option on settings it connfirms this message by telling me to Insert Sim to access Networks, etc.

Have done wipes, factory reset & tried restore before re flashing Neat Full LS6 but still same. Can access Wi-Fi, just SIM related.

Help?

Worth a try!

I see that you are on NEAT ROM ICS LPY. You could try flashing a different modem+RIL combo, after doing a nandroid backup, to see if that helps. See Hawker's xda thread, "Modem+RIL CWM Installers", for downloads.

I'm on Neat Full JB, just forgot to update info!!

I think its actually a SIM card problem, before panicking yesterday & posting I should have tried different sim in handset 1st, just done this & works fine.

Can we flash any RIL/Modems on 4.1.2??

Cheers for ur help mate

Upvote 0
I'm on Neat Full JB, just forgot to update info!!

Right cozins17... 10 minutes on the Naughty Step for you then!

Can we flash any RIL/Modems on 4.1.2??

There is no RIL/modem combo other than the stock XXLS6 that comes with the JB, unofficial, release that will work. Having said that, it is possible to flash just the modem from, say, ICS but you then run into an incompatibility problem with the RIL and possibly the l2_hsic wakelock.

Upvote 0
Right cozins17... 10 minutes on the Naughty Step for you then!

There is no RIL/modem combo other than the stock XXLS6 that comes with the JB, unofficial, release that will work. Having said that, it is possible to flash just the modem from, say, ICS but you then run into an incompatibility problem with the RIL and possibly the l2_hsic wakelock.

Thought as much, I'll hang on with LS6 which hasnt been too bad for me anyway.

Thanks for ur help again, new sim here Monday hopefully!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones