• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help No SIM Card Error

Hi,

Sometime back, I was on 2G network and with the chrome browser open, I locked my tab 2 (p3100) and when I unlocked it, i saw that it stopped detecting my SIM card. Although the SIM is inserted properly and in place. I did not know what to do and restarted my device. It did not help either. I removed and re-inserted the SIM card but that did not help. I had to switch it off for a few seconds and then switch it back on and then it recognized.

This happened a couple of more times in the same condition. I thought it is some problem when the network and the browser are on at same time. But suddenly, my tab stops recognizing my SIM card randomly (even when it is just locked and doing nothing). I am starting to worry and one suggestion from google was to turn on and off the Airplane mode. I tried that and it worked once but there should be something wrong somewhere.

I think this issue has started happening only after Jelly Bean upgrade. It never happened before that.

Any one else has seen such an issue? Any suggestions?

Regards,
Sri Harsha.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones