1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support "No SIM card installed" message after Airplane mode

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Pinmac1, Mar 24, 2011.

1. Pinmac1

Pinmac1 Android Enthusiast

Jan 22, 2011
    UK
    Hi,
    I have just started getting a problem with my Desire where I keep getting a notification that I have no SIM card installed and I have to reboot the phone to get back to normal. At first I couldn't pin it down to any specific cause but now I have realised that it does it after coming out of Airplane mode. I am looking out to see if it happens at any other time. As I have it on Airplane mode every night and sometimes during the day, this is getting annoying. I have tried reseating the SIM card but it's still happening. Does anyone have any ideas please?

Advertisement

2. Pinmac1

Pinmac1 Android Enthusiast

Jan 22, 2011
    UK
    Update on this. It happened again today and this time it wasn't after coming out of Airplane mode. There was nothing I could think of that could have triggered it off. Can anybody help please?

3. Archphoto

Archphoto Guest
    None
    Is it possibly a fault with the SIM?

I had a similar experience with a SIM I use regularly on visiting Singapore; arrived, disembarked the aircraft and it indicated "No Sim Installed". When I removed the SIM to check, it actually came apart. New SIM, no problems.

(It looked fine when I installed in Bangkok before the flight, only when I arrived, did the error show and then broke apart.)

Maybe test with a friend's and see if the same error can be replicated?

Tags: