• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help No SIM Error on ZTE Max. Need help solving this issue.

Yes, it reads other SIM cards. The phone
is a boost mobile phone. Yes, my service is with Boost mobile. How do I find out it is locked?
What am I looking for? This is my first post so I am not too knowledgeable in the proper terms.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-05-22-23-44-10.png
    Screenshot_2017-05-22-23-44-10.png
    492.6 KB · Views: 170
Upvote 0
Yes, it reads other SIM cards. The phone
is a boost mobile phone. Yes, my service is with Boost mobile. How do I find out it is locked?
The simplest way to find out whether a phone is locked is to stick a different carrier's SIM in it. But that doesn't seem to be the issue because you are on Boost also.

So does your SIM work in another phone?

Upvote 0
So the SIM works in other phones and the phone works with other SIMs, it's just the 2 of them together don't work.
Do Boost have stores? (I'm European, so don't know). If so I'd be tempted to go into one and speak to someone. If the phone works with other Boost SIMs then getting the SIM swapped sounds worth a try to me.

Might have to order a new one through customer service. They do not carry the SIM in the store. Ordered over the phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones