1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support No SIM inserted

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by nick16934, Jul 13, 2010.

1. nick16934

nick16934 Member

Jun 18, 2010
    My X10 keeps coming up with this warning - even though the sim IS in the phone. Only seems to happen when I 'wake' the phone up.

Calls also seem to randomly disconnect after a few seconds even when I have a good-ish signal. Only seems to happen on Orange though (and of course they deny there is any problem).

Advertisement

2. Bexy

Bexy Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Female
    Blogger
    North East England
    How long you had the phone? If you can....exchange it for a new one. I had the same problem. Would often display this message or "No Service" on Vodafone - unbranded phone. Used the Vod sim in a diff phone, no probs, an O2 sim in the phone and, I don't remember it saying No Sim, but did often come up with No Service. I gave up and got it exchanged and no problems since. I also applied the latest update a day after I got it though.
    If you haven't already and are able to, update the phone to the latest update (ends in 020, or 023 - either way, 020 or above from 014 or 016). See if that helps, if not, try and get it exchanged, like I said, since I got mine exchanged I've had no problems :).

3. rosered

rosered Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2010
    UK
    The wonderful :eek: technical help desk at T-Mobile told me to bend the sim very slightly (and very gently!) to ensure good contacts. Was a bit dubious but have to say it worked!

4. Bexy

Bexy Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Female
    Blogger
    North East England
    Really? Hmm, will keep that in mind. Or maybe that's why mine works now :s. My partner said my sim card looked a bit bent already lol.