• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

no SIM tray on old Galaxy s7 phone

smasheroO16

Feb 12, 2017
Hello. I'm getting a bit frantic. My wife asked me to insert a different sim card into her rather old Galaxy s& (it's six years old). I was the one that set it up initially, and there was no difficulty in finding the SIM drawer then. However, I have spent over an hour, looking for it (even seen videos that show it at the top left of the phone), but there is no trace whatever of a drawer, nor is there an ejector-pin hole to be seen.

I can hardly believe that this is the situation, but it is as say. By the way, my eyesight is good, and I don't believe that I can be TOTALLY stupid!

Please answer quickly, if possible.
With thanks in hopes of a miracle,
S.

PS: You will hardly believe it possible, but I didn't know that I had been looking at the edge of the phone CASE, not the phone. I suppose it was because of my unfamiliarity with her phone. All is well. Thanks anyway!

Last edited:
Hello. I'm getting a bit frantic. My wife asked me to insert a different sim card into her rather old Galaxy s& (it's six years old). I was the one that set it up initially, and there was no difficulty in finding the SIM drawer then. However, I have spent over an hour, looking for it (even seen videos that show it at the top left of the phone), but there is no trace whatever of a drawer, nor is there an ejector-pin hole to be seen.

I can hardly believe that this is the situation, but it is as say. By the way, my eyesight is good, and I don't believe that I can be TOTALLY stupid!

Please answer quickly, if possible.
With thanks in hopes of a miracle,
S.

PS: You will hardly believe it possible, but I didn't know that I had been looking at the edge of the phone CASE, not the phone. I suppose it was because of my unfamiliarity with her phone. All is well. Thanks anyway!
LOL!!!

Upvote 0
(Well there's one other, very unlikely, alternative: that the phone isn't really an s7, and has the SIM slot under a removable back. But "fake" phones usually copy the original much better than that, so this sounds extremely unlikely to me).

You've probably seen the OP has added an Update as a P. S.

"Case closed" :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones