• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root No Slingplayer on market since updating to rooted Froyo.

mcnob

May 14, 2010
I updated to the official (rooted) version of Froyo and tried to reinstall Slingplayer but it's just not on the market. My wife can find it on her 2.1 handset but I can't.

Is there a reason for this that I'm not privvy to?

Will the backed-up copy work?

Google "slingplayer .apk" - download, put on SD card, run (install) from a file manager like ES File Explorer or Astro File Manager. I just googled it, so I know it's there.

While I can't finde slingplayer app in the Market on my rooted 2.2 ROM, I had a problem with a certain ROM and the Market (couldn't find one app - NY Times app) - then I installed a new ROM from here

[ROM] Rooted Official HTC Android 2.2 (FroYo) ROM [Market issue fixed] - xda-developers

It had "market fix" in the name, and so it did - I can now find the Times app in Market. As I said, I still can't find the slingplayer, but perhaps my region doesn't have it. Maybe you should try the above mentioned ROM.

If nothing else, as I said - google the apk and install it. Backed up app should also work.

Hope it helps.

Reactions: mcnob
Upvote 0
Backed-up APK didn't even work so I'll give that other ROM a try later.

Thanks.........

Some of the froyo mods get round it by using a 2.1 finger print, its a bit like some games won't install on certain newer versions of windows but if the os can be fooled into thinking the game was designed for it then its fine.
Bit like froyo & some apps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones